ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > GARDENING AROUND THE HOUSE

Bees and Gardens

<< < (2/2)

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on May 05, 2020, 11:13:58 pm ---Both your gardens look greatly laid out! Thanks for posting.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, thanks Phillip.  I'll tell my mom you like it.   

What are you planting in your garden, Aurelia?  My mom is planting tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, peas, beans, radishes, beets, some kale and lettuces, okra (my favorite!), garlic, strawberries, and some herbs.  I think we are going to be doing some corn and zucchini and squash too.  She'll also probably grow some stuff specifically for the bees, like borage and sunflowers.     

Seeb:
What are you planting in your garden, Aurelia?

I've got a 30 foot long row garden, right behind what you see in the picture, so in that area I have planted 8 rows of corn, 2 rows of butterbeans, 1 row of okra, 1 row of zinnias. In what you see in the picture, there are 20 tomato plants, 16' of pickling cucumbers, 4 lipstick peppers, cabbage [that i'll be harvesting this week for kraut] beets, garlic, and just put in some basil, and dill seed this morning. My corn will come off the first part of July, so I'll be planting another cover crop on that area for the bees.

Sounds like your mom loves gardening like I do. Thank you for asking

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version