Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hey cool, lucky me.  (Read 882 times)

Offline JackM

• Field Bee
Hey cool, lucky me.
« on: April 20, 2018, 06:57:49 pm »
Cool beans, my donor hive for my split, just swarmed a few hours ago.  Apparently they went directly to my bait hive about 20 feet away!  The wife told me she saw bunches of bees flying around in the hive area.  So, expecting to find a ball somewhere, I went looking but never found one.  Came back to the hive area and the bait hive had some activity outside and yesterday it didn't.  Put my hear to the hive and the sweetest hum came from it.  :)

I just used lemongrass oil and old comb.  And the other hive I was wondering why all the drones were around, seems to have solved it's own problem, it was kicking out drones today. 

We have had such crap weather, no warm days until yesterday and today.  Expected them to possibly swarm this spell of warm nice weather.  Makes one feel good to understand the whole shebang.  Probably been 5 or 6 years of experience to learn when to expect to be surprised.
Jack of all trades
Master of none.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: Hey cool, lucky me.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 08:52:56 pm »
Catching your own swarms is a lifetime process.  It's like swatting mosquitos.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Hey cool, lucky me.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 09:51:47 pm »
Congratulations Jack. That is the easy way to do a split.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

anything