Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Treatment Free Queens  (Read 5054 times)

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Treatment Free Queens
« on: June 25, 2018, 06:54:18 pm »
Could you guys give me some recommendations on sources for treatment free queens.  I have a hive that is queenless right now (see my thread "Queen Cells Always Peanut Shaped?" if you want details) and I'm going to need to purchase a queen if they don't make one soon. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Treatment Free Queens
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 08:47:35 pm »
https://beezneedz.com/

has Waynes.

www.Waynesbees.com.

There are several that are treatment free. That doesn't mean they are always mite free.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Dustymunky

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 11:22:11 pm »
I like Old Sol Bees.  Good bees and good people.  They are located in southern Oregon.  Honestly you are probably better off using bees Waynes Bees since they are locally raised in your area.  Good luck

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 12:55:51 pm »
Thanks for the recommendations, guys.   
https://beezneedz.com/

has Waynes.

www.Waynesbees.com.

There are several that are treatment free. That doesn't mean they are always mite free.
Iddee, I am interested in the Waynes bees, but do you know if I could get a Waynes queen shipped to me?  If I can't, it's just too far for me to drive. 

Anybody have experience with BeeWeaver queens recently?  I like the good things I've heard about their bees and their customer service, but the fact that they are in Africanized territory is unnerving to me.   

I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline moebees

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 01:04:41 pm »
I don't have experience with Beeweaver but I do with Old Sol and agree with Dusty said above.
Bee-keeping is like raising Martians  - Isabella Rosselini

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 03:59:49 pm »
Yes, they will ship to you.

Just give them a call.

336-431-2339
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*