Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: (3 minutes). And This is The Star Witness???  (Read 7865 times)

Offline incognito

• House Bee
Re: (3 minutes). And This is The Star Witness???
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2019, 04:44:59 pm »
Why does the left hate him so?
And the right. Remember what is his name from Arizona?
Because he grabbed the brass ring before they did. The brass ring that they have been building up to grab their entire political lives.
It is their ball and how dare an outsider beat them at their game.
And he is a bit of an ass in public. You have to admit that.
Tom

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2019, 04:49:47 pm »
You can read it here.
The letter is by it's self not threatening, it was actions of said senators afterwards that some have a problem with.  Others defend arm twisting by politicians.

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2019/09/26/read-shakedown-letter-three-dem-senators-sent-ukrainian-prosecutor-general/
I did not see the entire letter in the link.

I could only find the first paragraph of the letter on-line. It is fair to infer an implied threat by discussing less US support for the relationship while strongly encouraging cooperation with the Mueller investigation. But there is no smoking gun. The first paragraph of the letter was well drafted - its message was conveyed.

This demonstrates again how big boys act in the big boy world.

We are writing to express great concern about reports that your office has taken steps to impede cooperation with the investigation of United States Special counsel Robert Mueller. As strong advocates for a robust and close relationship with Ukraine, we believe that our cooperation should extend to such legal matters, regardless of politics. Ours is a relationship built on a foundation of respect for the rule of law and accountable democratic institutions. In four short years, Ukraine has made significant progress in building these institutions despite ongoing military, economic and political pressure from Moscow. We have supported that capacity-building process and are disappointed that some in Kyiv appear to have cast aside these principles in order to avoid the ire of President Trump. If these reports are true, we strongly encourage you to reverse course and halt any efforts to impede cooperation with this important investigation.
Tom

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2019, 04:59:50 pm »
Why does the left hate him so?
And the right. Remember what is his name from Arizona?
Because he grabbed the brass ring before they did. The brass ring that they have been building up to grab their entire political lives.
It is their ball and how dare an outsider beat them at their game.
And he is a bit of an ass in public. You have to admit that.

You are correct ?and the right??
In the mean while America is in the balance. Sad isn?t it.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2019, 05:15:58 pm »
It is sad.
I never thought he would get past the Republican Convention. But the media grabbed on to his clown story and gave no press to the adults in the Republican room.
Pelosi and Schumer are repeating the same stupidity. How much press are their candidates getting while the clown show continues?
Meanwhile the more the Democrats pound him, the more his base will support him. (See the show Why We Hate on Discovery Channel.)

Trump was my Hail Mary vote. Really a vote for unnamed Kavanaugh and Gorsuch and.......(come on home Ruth)!
Trump is at his political best when he stays on script, or is it when he goes off script?
Tom