Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beemaster's Swarm and Bee Remover Map  (Read 78907 times)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Beemaster's Swarm and Bee Remover Map
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 10:11:59 am »
I added my info a few months ago, how often is this updated?  I know one of the people listed in my area (KC, MO) has moved to upstate NY a year ago and I'm hoping to get added by the time Spring hits.  Is there something else I need to do?  I'm a little embarassed about looking pushy with this post, so please take it with a grain of salt.

I just checked the database and there is no record of a submission for you. You should have gotten a couple of verification emails.  One that said it was submitted, and a second when it gets approved.   It usually takes less than a day, sometimes a couple of days, depending on how busy I am.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 12:51:37 pm »
I was really doubting myself here, until I found the submission and confirmation E-mails.

The submission confirmation was received on 12/3/09 at 4:13 pm.
The approval notice was received on 12/3/09, 9:44 pm.  

I only joined on 11/10 and didn't have the required 30 posts at that time I submitted the information.  Do I need to resubmit?  

Also, the only one listed in the KC metro area (OleMcdonald) moved to upstate New York about a year ago.  You might want to check with BMAC here to see if he wants to have his listing removed or updated.  It doesn't matter to me either way but it could frustrate people who use the Beemaster removal map.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:44:22 am by D Coates »
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline ONTARIO BEEKEEPER

• House Bee
    • Dancing Bee Apiaries
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 02:20:00 pm »
I notice there does not seem to be anyone from Canada on the map. Maybe I'll be the first ?  8-)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 05:17:34 pm »
I was really doubting myself here, until I found the submission and confirmation E-mails.

The submission confirmation was received on 12/3/09 at 4:13 pm.
The approval notice was received on 12/3/09, 9:44 pm.  

I only joined on 11/10 and didn't have the required 30 posts at that time I submitted the information.  Do I need to resubmit?  

Also, the only one listed in the KC metro area (OleMcdonald) moved to upstate New York about a year ago.  You might want to check with BMAC here to see if he wants have his listing removed or updated.  It doesn't matter to me either way but it could frustrate people who use the Beemaster removal map.

Just checked again and don't see any records for you in the database. Don't know what could have happened, sorry about that. Please resubmit.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 10:43:46 am »
No problem, I just resubmitted it.  I figured there was a glitch somewhere, I wanted to get it resolved before Spring arrived and time got away from me.  Thanks!
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline ONTARIO BEEKEEPER

• House Bee
    • Dancing Bee Apiaries
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2010, 11:51:21 am »
Thanks for putting me on the map!

I can't believe I'm the only Canadian on there. I'll be curious to see how many swarm removal calls I get. Thanks again.

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 02:03:14 pm »
Thanks for putting me on the map!

I can't believe I'm the only Canadian on there. I'll be curious to see how many swarm removal calls I get. Thanks again.

You didn't read the fine print... All bees gathered in Canada must be shipped to a beekeeper in the United States.  It's part of the NAFTA treaty...LOL 8-) :lol: 8-)

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 02:38:21 pm »
Is it appropriate to submit if you haven't done any removals, but you'd like to get a chance to try?  I don't have any experience, but I've read up on it in the forums, and I noticed there wasn't anybody in Atlanta.

But I don't want to be listed if this is only for professionals etc.  Wouldn't want to give the forum a bad name if I stuffed it up!

Thanks,
ziffa

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 03:04:04 pm »
Ziffa, you can post "for swarms only". You will still get removal calls, but turn them down until you find one you are comfortable with.

In beekeeping, all of us are novices for life. We never quit seeing new things.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 03:35:59 pm »
ziffa,   You are more than welcome to list yourself on the map in whatever capacity you feel comfortable with.  If it is just hanging swarms, that is fine, if you want to give a cut-out a shot go for it.  Just be honest and forthright with the person.   Most people are very understanding and will work with you if there is good communications.

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 11:04:31 pm »
Cool! Thanks you guys.  I will do the swarms only.  . . for now! :) I have sooo caught the bug!  heh heh,  believe it or not, that was an unintended pun! :)

love,
ziffa!

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 01:10:12 pm »
Whoo hoo!!! The first call I have got FROM the website map!!!  I go out there on Fri.

Thank you Beemaster.  And everyone else here!!!!!!!    :-D :-D :-D
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 01:34:07 pm »
Excellent..... now go get those bees..... :lol:

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 02:05:42 pm »
Heck yah Ill take yall some pics.  He tells me its 100,000 strong but I dont think its that big yet.
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline Superdog

• New Bee
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 03:38:23 pm »
Im new here, but hope to get some calls from the map.  But I need to have 30 posts to get it to show up....  heres one.   :-D

Mike

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2010, 11:37:45 pm »
Hay superdog looks like you got your 30 posts..   :-D

Robo I need to change my location as I have moved 800 miles away from Denver. 
What do I need to do?

Offline Dave360

• House Bee
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 08:56:20 pm »
Trying to get entered on list but keeping getting error "WARNING: The exact location could not be found, here is the closest match: 6224 E State Highway 7, Nacogdoches, TX 75961 Please correct your address and try again! " please reenter I reenter and get same erroe tried pasting address in warning still no go some times a little map pops up showing correct location but still same msg

anyone know what i am doing wrong

Thanks Dave

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2010, 10:03:07 pm »
Trying to get entered on list but keeping getting error "WARNING: The exact location could not be found, here is the closest match: 6224 E State Highway 7, Nacogdoches, TX 75961 Please correct your address and try again! " please reenter I reenter and get same erroe tried pasting address in warning still no go some times a little map pops up showing correct location but still same msg

anyone know what i am doing wrong

Thanks Dave

The bee removal map uses Yahoo Maps to determine coordinates.   The address you are entering is not recognized by Yahoo Maps.   You can go to maps.yahoo.com and mess around with the address until you find something that Yahoo maps recognizes.

It looks like 6224 Tx-7, Nacogdoches, TX 75961  might work. Give it a try and see if the location is correct.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2010, 10:06:46 pm »
Robo I need to change my location as I have moved 800 miles away from Denver. 
What do I need to do?

Sorry,  just seen this.   Just go to the map and hit the "Add/Update my Info!"  button at the bottom.

Offline Dave360

• House Bee
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2010, 03:03:04 pm »
Thanks Robo

ended up going to google maps and they leave off the E. in my address and that worked

thanks again for the idea

Dave

anything