Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Les,
Two questions.
What software do you use for designing your cutting and engraving?
Have you tried to engrave your logo directly onto the canning lids?
Jim Altmiller
Losing a phone is a big deal today but I remember when we didn't even have them, except for the one on the leash on the kitchen wall. However, party lines were before my phone using days.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM / Re: Gold prospecting using a metal detector
« Last post by Salvo on Today at 07:59:14 am »
Hi Les,

Take a metal detector. :wink:

Sal
DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING / Re: Varroa in the subtropics
« Last post by BeeMaster2 on Today at 07:45:21 am »
Max,
Bee careful with this product. It bought it in 2012. I did a test run with one of my empty hives. After just one day I had a big hole in the screen top board and the screen bottom board.
Also when I called to order this product, I asked how much the shipping cost was. The girl said that she didn?t know. At that time, it was $60 for the chemical and then I found out that they changed me $60 for shipping hazardous material.
If they tell you they don?t know, cancel the order.
Jim Altmiller
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Bee Behaviors
« Last post by BeeMaster2 on Today at 07:35:30 am »
Terri,
They bring back what they were looking for, do the dance and give the bees watching them a taste of what they found. This is why bee like water that has a smell of some sort over pure water. It makes it easier for the other bees to find what the scout found.
Jim Altmiller
« Last post by Terri Yaki on Today at 07:27:42 am »
Do the scouts come back loaded or empty? What do they do, just fly around looking for stuff like food, water and potential new homes? It does look like a good number of bees 🐝 come home empty handed but I suppose that they could have a pouch full of water or nectar.
« Last post by max2 on Today at 05:14:10 am »
Thanks for this information.
One treatment a year would be great!
How many hives do you have?
Does the product come as a bulk pack ( looking for savings :grin:)

Much appreacited!
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM / Re: Gold prospecting using a metal detector
« Last post by Lesgold on Today at 12:37:52 am »
Took my daughter out to a new spot yesterday. We ended up with four pieces with this one being the largest. Just under 3 grams all up. It was a faint signal in a rock bar. The crack was only about 6mm wide. We had to break the rock to get the nugget out. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of it. The only down side was that I dropped my phone somewhere. Will have to make another quick trip back tomorrow to pick it up. Hopefully it was not lost in water.
« Last post by BeeMaster2 on Today at 12:19:56 am »
Nurse bees are the ones that decide what is needed and how much they need. They decide that they need pollen, nectar, water or propolis. The scouts job is to find the needed supplies and tell the other bees where it is.
Jim Altmiller e
« Last post by The15thMember on April 26, 2024, 09:03:38 pm »
I use FormicPro sometimes, and it is very easy to use and organic.  The biggest benefit is that it is the only treatment (that I am aware of anyway) that kills mites under the brood cappings.  It also will kill sick bees, so I always use it if a have a hive that is acting sick along with having a high mite count.  Plus, it's safe for supers (although I personally still don't treat with supers on, since I'm worried about the smell of it being transferred to the honey).  The downside is it's very temperature sensitive and will release too quickly if the temps are too hot, potentially leading to queen supersedure, excessive brood mortality, and absconding.  I only use it at the lower end of the recommended temperature range, and I've never had any of these problems.  That price is about the same as over here, actually it's a little bit cheaper for you guys (and yes, I did remember to convert AUD to USD :wink: ).  It's a very efficacious product, so I've never treated a hive more than once a year with it.       
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10