Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Jim,
That is really interesting. I wonder if the number of hives is too high to allow each hive to make excessive honey. If the area can support that many hives it would bee a really good win win.
The bees must not be as bad as our Africanized Bees for them to bee able to work the fields right next to the hives.
Jim Altmiller

I know african honey bees. Well abandon their hives if there's no Nectar flow. I wonder if the Farmer work at nighttime ?? I do know the asian honey bee Apis cerana.. Well abandon their hives.. If  Nectar flow is not existent or too low..

BEE  HAPPY  Jim134   :smile:

WEB VIDEOS / Tough Teddy
« Last post by Ben Framed on Today at 12:19:33 am »
According to this report, Teddy Roosevelt wile giving a campaign speech was shot with a 38 yet continued until the speech was complete. This is the first time I?ve heard this. Is this account true?

https://youtube.com/shorts/gU-QSEk35qo?si=2tbP7wZH8LWT1KRC
With a pressure regulator, I can reduce to flow to anything down to almost nothing. You'll probably get a report on its success in the future.

For winter dead outs 8 to 10 psi is good for blowing dead bees out of cells without damaging comb.  For removing bees from supers, leaf blowers work great.  Compressors just dont have the volume to remove a large number of bees quick.
CRAFTING CORNER / Re: Wax contamination question
« Last post by Lesgold on April 25, 2024, 06:16:04 pm »
Thanks Bill. That?s good to know.
This video is 14 Years old, made by John Pluta at Georgia Bees. Here he shows how he collects pollen and explains other aspects of the art as he works.

https://youtu.be/TPdJF5N4UXs?si=PASSaR_Hv2xs96bO
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Carniolan Queens
« Last post by Salvo on April 25, 2024, 01:35:36 pm »
Thanks Gents.

Consensus on my end confirms your statements.

Queens probably overly long in the cages. Once they are out and *functioning* they will fill out and perform as well as a chubby one!

Sal
I really appreciate this information Bill. The added bonus of less trash plus the price being right has my full attention! Thank you,

Phillip
dried and cleaned - 2.70 an ounce

Fresh or frozen - 2.00 an ounce

Thank you Bill.

Phillip
« Last post by Ben Framed on April 25, 2024, 01:29:34 pm »
In a nut shell, exactly.
« Last post by Michael Bush on April 25, 2024, 01:07:03 pm »
Skinny has nothing to do with race.  It has nothing to do with how well mated they are.  It has everything to do with when they were last laying.  As soon as they start laying they will fill out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
anything