Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: what to do with burr comb  (Read 2023 times)

Offline laurabell

• New Bee
what to do with burr comb
« on: August 18, 2014, 09:01:21 pm »
Hello,
I'm new to the bee world, absolutely love it. I'm curious, after removing the burr comb, what is the next step. I'd like to save it to someday make something with it, but I dont know what to do in the meantime. How do you clean it and store it for later use.
Thanks. :idunno:

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: what to do with burr comb
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 09:53:44 pm »
Wash it in something you don't want to use for anything else. IE: old sauce pan, metal 3 lb. coffee can.
Then cover with water and heat slowly until melted.. Let cool, remove, scrap dirt from bottom, melt again, strain.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 10:06:57 pm »
Welcome Laurabell. Love your neck of the woods up there especially the Townsend area.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Steel Tiger

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 10:40:14 pm »
 I put mine in a container with a lid and stick it in the freezer for a week or so. Sometimes longer, it depends on whether I remember it's in there. Then I store it in a cool spot until I collect enough to make melting it down worth the effort.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 12:38:53 am »
Welcome Laurabell. Love your neck of the woods up there especially the Townsend area.
Same here. Stayed in wear valley in June for our vacation. Spent a lot of time in Cade's Cove.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline LaurieBee

• House Bee
  • I'm loving bees today. Interested in learning.
Re:
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 01:50:41 am »
Welcome Laurabell.

Offline laurabell

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 02:33:26 am »
I appreciate the tips, between your replies and watching a few youtube videos, I think I got it!  X:X

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 07:06:00 pm »
what can one do with wax?

when selling wax how much? to sell it for

anything