Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Alabama, USA  (Read 1925 times)

Offline BeePastor

• New Bee
    • Old World Heritage Farm
Hello from Alabama, USA
« on: December 02, 2016, 04:22:53 pm »
Hello y'all.

A warm "how-do-you-do" from sunny Alabama.  My wife and I run a 13 acre, all organic, farm on which we grow various fruits and veggies as well as meat rabbits, chickens, and two red heeler pups.  We are adding bees this winter/spring.  I am looking at two long deep hives, similar to but not exactly like the dartington (sp) hives. 

I have been gathering knowledge daily for about 3 months.  My job permits me a fair amount of computer face time.  I look forward to learning much more from the members here.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Hello from Alabama, USA
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 06:17:55 pm »
Welcome to beemaster.  Be sure to read through as much of the old stuff as you can.  There's years of good info from experienced people on here!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 11:56:14 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 12:49:20 pm »
You might think of finding a bee club in your area. Many now havy mentoring programs that help new and experenced bee keepers.  -Mike
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 08:35:56 am »
Greetings and welcome. Is this Five Points over in central east Alabama? If so I'm sure there's some bee clubs in that area. If you're not sure visit www.alabamabeekeepersassociation.com. There you can find local bee clubs. What Kathy is telling you is exactly how I got my education on bees. Lots of good folks who'd love to answer your questions. Two things; For the most part, bees are like livestock - if you ignore them they'll probably die & The only thing that two out of three beekeepers agree on is that the third one is wrong :)
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 03:54:38 pm »
Welcome to the forum!   Great people here and lots of knowledge.
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline BeePastor

• New Bee
    • Old World Heritage Farm
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 11:28:08 am »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.  I look forward to learning and getting to know y'all.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline squarepeg

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 11:41:48 am »
welcome aboard pastor.  there is a five points near the state park in marshall county.  if that is your five points you are just a few miles from my location.