ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM

Spearfishing

(1/2) > >>

Gunsmoke58A:
I've recently expanded my hunting to underwater as well as terrestrial.  Having a blast and the fresh fish is the best!  These are Red Morwong.  Some people don't rate them as a good table fish but my kids love them!

Ben Framed:
Gunsmoke58A
That looks to be a fun and rewarding hobby! Those fish look plenty big enough to offer a good bit of meat. Do you fillet them? How long have you been diving? I do not know very much about your country. Do you have the concern of sharks when in the habitat of this species of fish? Please excuse the bombardment of questions. This is very interesting to me... Thanks for posting this....

Phillip

Gunsmoke58A:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on November 18, 2021, 08:23:53 pm ---Gunsmoke58A
That looks to be a fun and rewarding hobby! Those fish look plenty big enough to offer a good bit of meat. Do you fillet them? How long have you been diving? I do not know very much about your country. Do you have the concern of sharks when in the habitat of this species of fish? Please excuse the bombardment of questions. This is very interesting to me... Thanks for posting this....

Phillip

--- End quote ---

Ask away Phillip! 

I've been freediving for about 8 months now.  I fillet most fish I catch as I find it more versatile to cook fillet than whole fish.  I see at least a couple of sharks every time we dive.  Yesterday I saw 3 very large Wobbegong sharks, usually harmless but can be territoral.  I was following some target fish into a small cave to shoot one and was focussed on them, meanwhile a 2.5m Wobbe was lying just below me camoflagued with the bottom LOL, gave me a fright!

But most sharks aren't going to bother divers.

.30WCF:
Nice job, but you will not catch me swimming around with a bloody fish tied to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben Framed:

--- Quote ---Ask away Phillip!

I've been freediving for about 8 months now.  I fillet most fish I catch as I find it more versatile to cook fillet than whole fish.  I see at least a couple of sharks every time we dive.  Yesterday I saw 3 very large Wobbegong sharks, usually harmless but can be territoral.  I was following some target fish into a small cave to shoot one and was focussed on them, meanwhile a 2.5m Wobbe was lying just below me camoflagued with the bottom LOL, gave me a fright!

But most sharks aren't going to bother divers.

--- End quote ---

I like it. This is something I would really like to do! Thanks for the refreshing topic!!

Phillip

PS: Keep us posted with updates and pictures...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version