Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Enjoying my bees; pic  (Read 1320 times)

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Enjoying my bees; pic
« on: May 21, 2020, 05:52:38 pm »
My bees and my chair is all I need for afternoon entertainment.  Kind of cool, weather wise; ya I know, it?s later part of May and I have a down jacket on.  Oh well, I relax watching the bees, all kind of things to see: drones coming, going, colors of pollen, bees with extended abdomens full of nectar.., the guards don?t seem to mind at all.

Enjoy your day.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
Re: Enjoying my bees; pic
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 05:56:19 pm »
Looks like a good afternoon to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 06:00:39 pm »
I notice some tiny sugar ants have found a way into the hive between the two deep bodies.  I will place lime around the hive stand legs to control the ants.

After placing lime,,, ants gone.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 06:13:07 pm by van from Arkansas »
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 06:01:50 pm »
How relaxing!  I love sitting up near my hives as well.  I can easily sit down next to a landing board, and the girls just go about their business.  Sometimes I snag a drone and bring him down to my little sisters so they can play with him.  It's been quite cool here as well.  I was just talking with my mom about how last year at this time we had already gone swimming at the lake.  Much to cold for that right now!   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 11:18:11 pm »
Crazy spring for sure. Everything is blooming and bees can?t do nothing but sit in the hive. Cool and rainy almost every day.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 11:23:26 pm »
It's good to see a good man relaxing!
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 10:50:01 am »
Swap that cig for a brew or a bourbon, and I'm right there with ya.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 11:23:50 am »
Swap that cig for a brew or a bourbon, and I'm right there with ya.

Anytime ol Chap.!!

Offline AR Beekeeper

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 11:31:20 am »
Van;  I thought you were watching to see if any of Alpha's blonde daughters were violating curfew.

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 02:14:06 pm »
Greeting AR, I?ll bring your nuc box at the next bee meeting, when ever that is.  Actually this is a support hive that I am watching, not genetic quality however the queen is Alpha bloodline.  This hive does not produce enough honey to qualify for breeding.

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 02:41:37 pm »
I totally agree with your use of time whiling away the hours. Thanks for sharing

Offline AR Beekeeper

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 03:47:16 pm »
Van;  No rush on the box, I have plenty of empty 5 frame equipment.  There is something very relaxing about watching workers come and go from the entrance, and often we get to see those memorable occasions, such as queens returning from mating flights or bumble bees trying to enter and rob.

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 04:27:14 pm »
Van;  No rush on the box, I have plenty of empty 5 frame equipment.  There is something very relaxing about watching workers come and go from the entrance, and often we get to see those memorable occasions, such as queens returning from mating flights or bumble bees trying to enter and rob.
I witnessed the bumblebee part last year. They were dragging them out.

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2020, 08:20:42 pm »
That's a relaxing picture, Mr. Van. Beautiful.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln