MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE CONSTITUTION

And some citizens want to get rid of it...

(1/7) > >>

Michael Bush:
The description of this forum: "Many Americans forget the words that carved our country into the wondrous land it is today. The Bill of Rights and the power of the branches of government are discussed here."

And yet I am shocked to discover that some citizens of the US want to throw it out as outdated and irrelevant...  Apparently they are either completely ignorant of history or have a complete case of amnesia.  They have not just forgotten "the words that carved our country" they are ready to dispose of them...

I do understand that I have to explain the reason for "freedom of speech" to the Europeans... we wrote that because of their attitudes and actions... but I should not have to explain it to a US citizen... should I?

iddee:
Maybe they aren't citizens. Let's face it, there are citizen pretenders all the way to the top.

Snowhitsky:
Of course it's irrelevant and outdated! It's about time you kissed and made-up with Lizzie (that's Her Majesty to you rebels). I'm sure if you showed a little contrition, she'd let bygones be bygones and have you back. If you play your cards right I'm sure we could even talk the Canadians into taking you on.

:tongue:

Eric Bosworth:

--- Quote from: Michael Bush on January 22, 2015, 01:18:10 pm ---The description of this forum: "Many Americans forget the words that carved our country into the wondrous land it is today. The Bill of Rights and the power of the branches of government are discussed here."

And yet I am shocked to discover that some citizens of the US want to throw it out as outdated and irrelevant...  Apparently they are either completely ignorant of history or have a complete case of amnesia.  They have not just forgotten "the words that carved our country" they are ready to dispose of them...

I do understand that I have to explain the reason for "freedom of speech" to the Europeans... we wrote that because of their attitudes and actions... but I should not have to explain it to a US citizen... should I?

--- End quote ---

The scary thing is that our supreme court doesn't seem to understand the basic premise of our constitution... that the government only has certain powers and they are divided between the branches...

Michael Bush:
>that the government only has certain powers and they are divided between the branches...

And they have forgotten that "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version