Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Original Flow hive vs Chinese Auto-frame  (Read 2930 times)

Offline psyched123

• Brood
Original Flow hive vs Chinese Auto-frame
« on: September 21, 2019, 01:31:48 am »
This spring I did a head-to-head comparison between the original Australian Flow hive and the Chinese copy Auto-frame and this is what I found:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVkyC-i1K0k&t=45s

I kept bees back in the 70's and kept enough hives at that time to sell honey commercially.  I have only re-entered beekeeping because of the promise of the Flow hive.  The idea of getting honey without the back-braking work of robbing the hives, the huge mess of uncapping and extracting, and the endless sticky cleanup sold me on returning to beekeeping.  I have been really excited to find that the Flow hive hype was actually true!  I made a good honey crop this year and, now that I've learned a lot about how to most effectively the Flow, I can't wait for next spring.   Beekeeping has become almost pure fun for me now that Flow is here.

Offline saltybluegrass

• House Bee
  • My Bible is living with bee energy one desire
Re: Original Flow hive vs Chinese Auto-frame
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 08:04:08 am »
My Chinese version was sent with the comb not in very good line or formation. It was off a bit and the bees didn?t do much but crawl around them. Maybe next year I float some wax around comb
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Then all else falls in line
It?s up to me

anything