Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A nice article  (Read 1122 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
Re: A nice article
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 09:13:27 am »
Thanks for sharing.

Offline DuaneB

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 02:40:33 pm »
Interesting story.  I'd like to watch the movie.  Don't think it will be anywhere near me though.

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 07:44:28 pm »
A hundred thousand hives owned by a single person or company??  I can?t envision that: how many locations as hive yards, how many employees, sugar by the 18 wheeler load, treating, hauling, queen rearing, lumber, 4,000,000 frames needed for 100K hives.

Can you imagine a fella calling you and ordering 5 figures worth of queens: Ok well er uh, lets requeen half soo I only need 50,000 queens.  I just can?t envision all involved.  Overwhelming!!!!

Good article, ID.

Blessings
Van
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 09:07:39 pm »
Good article hope it is on amazon soon

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 09:30:00 pm »
A couple of years ago Judy and I visited Browning Honey Co in Idaho. They run 30,000 hives. Each of the two brothers handle 15,000 hives with, I think, 15 employees for each crew.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 10:39:26 pm »
I think Richard Adee was the original owner. The third or fourth generation of Adees are now running it. I don't know all the details, but I know it's a lot more than I would want to take on.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

anything