Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Need advice on bee supplies  (Read 4151 times)

Offline laurabell

• New Bee
Need advice on bee supplies
« on: August 30, 2014, 02:36:32 am »
Hello,
I just got my license to sell bee supplies, am opening up a store. I am having a hard time finding supplies wholesale and I've called so many bee supply companies to ask where they get their supplies. I always get very vague responses or they say they dont sell wholesale. Does anyone here have a supply store that can help me get catalogues to order from. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Laura   :?

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Need advice on bee supplies
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 03:49:14 am »
Try calling Debs Bee Supply in Jacksonville FL. Here is her web site: http://www.deb-bee.com/.
Her phone number is on it. She started up about 4 years ago and might bee able to help you get started.
If you haven't already, I wold call Mann Lake and Dadant and see if they are willing to work with you.
http://www.mannlakeltd.com/
http://www.dadant.com/
Also try

North American Bee Hive Company
5859 Stuart Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32254 ยท
 (904) 701-3852
Ask for Mike. I think they only sell wholesale.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline laurabell

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 02:07:27 pm »
thanks I will try looking her up. I"ve called Mann Lake and Dadant, neither have been helpful as far as me getting wholesale supplies for my store, and when I ask where they get theres they say "oh different places" It's been very frustrating.

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 12:33:38 pm »
find a local carpenter who is unemployed

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 03:06:55 pm »
Brushy Mountain uses dealers.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 02:14:14 pm »

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 06:49:13 pm »

i'd think this would be part of the way to go.  you'd be supporting a local and locals would like that.  other stuff, like smokers and junk, you might need to get through a dealer.

our local bee place orders in bulk from places like Mann Lake, marks it up, sells it.  seems to work for them.  a lot of the big places have discounts for bulk buys and special buys throughout the year.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 11:23:29 pm »
http://www.beelinewoodenware.com/catalog.pdf

I believe these folks still do their own cutting and milling. Check last page of pdf for comments on dealership.

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 02:05:03 am »

+1
Couldn't agree more.
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

anything