Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Member from Minnesota  (Read 1849 times)

Offline donnti

• New Bee
New Member from Minnesota
« on: June 10, 2017, 11:26:56 pm »
Hello everyone, I am new to the beekeeping scene and I was looking for forums and ran across this one. I plan on starting up next year (2018) so I am now just buying my equipment and learning all that I can so hopefully I don't fail my first year.

I live in north central Minnesota (Staples) which is about 30 miles west of Brainerd MN. I am hoping to find a few beekeepers around me to learn from first hand and also find/meet people from all over that can answer questions from time to time. Some may sound stupid but then I am still trying to learn and the only way I can is to ask some dumb questions.

Well, I guess I will chat with you all later and start to read some of the posts that are on the forum.

Donnti

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: New Member from Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 06:44:11 am »
Welcome to Beemaster. No stupid questions here. Lots of friendly help.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline brookscj

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 07:46:35 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  There are lots of helpful folks here and plenty of great posts to learn from.
"Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul."  Luther Burbank

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 08:06:43 pm »
Welcome.  :happy:

Offline donnti

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 02:38:29 am »
Thanks for the welcomes.

Offline beehappy1950

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 03:45:43 pm »
 Congrats to beekeeping. I am just north of you. I live about 7 miles east of Waubun. Sorry to hear you missed this year tho. I bought 3 nucs. 2 have three supers on and one has 5. These are 6 5/8 supers to. I told the wife I want about 12 more nucs next year. Harold