Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: English beekeeper - new to the forum  (Read 9904 times)

Offline purplemat

• New Bee
English beekeeper - new to the forum
« on: April 09, 2013, 06:14:15 am »
Hi everyone , I'm from the UK I live on the outskirts of Stafford I've been keeping bees for a year now but have just discovered that my first colony has died over winter   not sure why as they had plenty of Honey left in the hive and were alive around 3 weeks ago when I checked them during a warm spell we we had .... anyway enough of my troubles , I intend to set up a couple of bait hives and buy a new colony this week to be installed in April , I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences and learning from you all.

Offline Michael86

• New Bee
Re: English beekeeper - new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 02:17:47 pm »
Hello purplemat

welcome to the forum :)

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 07:10:20 pm »
Welcome to you.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 09:42:31 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 05:45:09 pm »
Hi everyone , I'm from the UK I live on the outskirts of Stafford I've been keeping bees for a year now but have just discovered that my first colony has died over winter   not sure why as they had plenty of Honey left in the hive and were alive around 3 weeks ago when I checked them during a warm spell we we had .... anyway enough of my troubles , I intend to set up a couple of bait hives and buy a new colony this week to be installed in April , I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences and learning from you all.

Hi  Purple Mat
Welcome to this section of the forum, as to your loss are you a member of any association? if not I recomend you do. Once you do there will be a wealth of experience to tap into, also there could be the chance of a swarm in season. Undoubtably you have explored the rest of it......I highly reccomend the 'coffee house' cheers you  up no end when you feel down!  :)
Regards
cider
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

Offline rhami01

• Brood
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 03:42:19 pm »
Hi there - I too am in the UK, (Suffolk) and like you - I lost my bees last winter.
I purchased another colony first week of June and the day I went to collect - got the call to collect a swarm.
Both colonies are content side-by-side
Then earlier last week - I collected another swarm - word is getting around.
That was fun.  They settled outside a marquee during a wedding in full swing.  The manager didn't want me to leave the Nuc until later in the evening, and wanted them gone asap. Needless to say, lots of frustrated bees trying to get in (and out) up to the point when we said - right - got to stop up the gap right now.
But - they got home and are now settled.
Good experience

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 08:49:02 am »
Welcome, rhami01.   Great people on this forum.
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

anything