Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Don  (Read 4950 times)

Offline Don

• Brood
Hello from Don
« on: February 13, 2005, 08:35:35 pm »
Hello all,my name is Don. I live in Treadway,Tennessee and am a member of our local beekeepers group. As part of joining the group,I took Dr. Skinner's beekeeping class at the University of Tennessee. And after completing his class I recieved two hives [one hive froze out this winter]. This spring I will be recieving two more hives,for a total of four. I look foward to your input on this forum. See ya later from Rocky Top. :D

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
hell-o
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 08:40:07 pm »
O K buddy good luck with your bees
kirk-o
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
Hello from Don
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 10:43:41 pm »
Welcome aboard..... and we look forward to YOUR input. I personally love hearing about how everyone else is doing - whether experiments, successes, or whatever.

See ya around,
Beth

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Hello from Don
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 10:59:42 am »
Hi Don:

Thanks for joining the forums - I know you will find lots to talk about and share here in this Internation group of beekeepers we have aboard.

Sounds like you are doing your preparation the right way - having class instruction in this hobby is a great start. Loss of hives is inevitable for many many reasons to do. Most of us are satisfied to get half out hives through the Winters any more - which is a sorry state to be in, but realistic concidaring all the possible problems that can occur.

But that doesn't mean we can't aim for 100% survival, that is truly the goal, but we need a lot of treatment, good weather, and frankly luck to make it above average stats.

So again, welcome to the forums - we are proud when every new member makes their way to the forums. Please checkout the many categories we have here. We've added lots BEYOND beekeeping to better get to know each other - so feel free to share your thoughts in any of the other forums.

Talk again soon, and enjoy our great membership, a diverse group representing Beekeepers from around the Globe!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline amymcg

• Field Bee
    • http://www.mcglothlinmusic.com
Hi Don
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 05:37:22 pm »
Hi there and welcome! Look forward to seeing your posts.

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
Hello from Don
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 09:50:04 pm »
Welcome
We love our new members
Please post often, we want the benfit of your experience.
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Hello from Don
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 12:42:24 am »
Hi Don!!!!! :D  :lol:
Ryan Horn

anything