Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What is the worst cell phone you have every got ?  (Read 7450 times)

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
What is the worst cell phone you have every got ?
« on: December 01, 2009, 11:57:54 pm »
For me it is the New  Motorola Tundra   It is a piece of crap  :rant:

Call Att and complain about it nothing have happen  :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Johnny

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: What is the worst cell phone you have every got ?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 01:06:15 am »
i don't get Motorola anymore.  i have had some bad luck with them.  best phones i have had are LG.  i have had everything from basic to smart phones.  still  like LG the best.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 08:42:41 am »
Any thing from ATT is bad tried them twice two different phone's and they ripped me off and there customer service is the worst I've ever had.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 10:44:05 am »
Had sprint yrs ago, lots of problems, even more so when they bought out Nextel. Switched to Verizon about five yrs ago, so far they're the least pathetic of the bunch, but expensive. Their customer service is very good.

Word to the wise, always get insurance, its only a few bucks extra per month but well worth it.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 11:36:29 am »
Worst phone was a Motorola flip phone hunk of junk went through 3 in 3 months. Running a close second was my razor. Had a blackberry which I liked apparently someone liked it more and broke my window and stole it out my truck a couple months back. Now I have an I phone by far the best phone I ever owned the thing is amazing what it can do. As far as ruggedness I had an old Motorola Nextel phone about 10 years back dropped it to the bottom of a pool twice dried it out and fired it up no problems, ran over it with a lawnmower once put a big gash in the back but the thing still worked, bad thing is it weighed like 3 lbs.

Service is bad now when ATT bought cingular which was bell south the service really dropped off I think they added too many customers to limited towers. ATT customer service is terrible when I had my phone stolen they told me. I wasn’t due a new phone for a year so I would have to pay full price north of $800.00. Well I left so mad I told them to cancel my service. I went to the best buy and talked to the lady there not working for ATT she set me up with a new I phone with all the bells and whistles for fewer than $400. She told me more people come to her mad at ATT because ATT knows they have you by the short and curlies.

ATT insurance does not cover blackberries or I phones you can pay for insurance but when you submit a claim they tell you the insurance will not cover your phone. If you break your I phone you can bring it to the apple store and they will replace it at the replacement cost usually around 100 bucks.

had more to say than I thought. Got a little long winded on that one

Keith

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 01:46:53 pm »
I had AT&T / Cingular for 12 years. I switched to Verizon and will never go back. I have had very good luck with Samsung phones.

Steve   
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Yappy

• House Bee
  • "Your darnest Questions, get the best Advice"
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 10:46:20 pm »
Worst phone was a Motorola flip phone. :'(

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 12:16:40 am »
I just punted AT&T after over 10 years ... monthly bill went from 320 a month to 100 for the same plans.  I do miss my I phone but the HTC Hero is comperable ( yet lacks the simplicity of use)  and am pleased.  AT&T's customer service is bottom of the barrel slimy smelly sludge. :hissyfit: :thunder:
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline John Lee Pettimore

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 12:24:31 am »
Every other one before my iPhone...
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 02:22:22 am »

I see you are a big Apple fan. I am learning about all this finally. Perhaps the Iphone is next for me.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 10:15:07 am »
both my boys have phones and love them.  only problem is coverage for some of the smart features.  if you are going to buy a phone with all the wiz-bang stuff, it ought to work everywhere!  at&ts coverage out my way is not so good.  it's the one reason i have stuck with verizon.

Annette, make sure they let you verify coverage out in your neck of the woods before you switch.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 10:23:04 am »

I see you are a big Apple fan. I am learning about all this finally. Perhaps the Iphone is next for me.

I was a PC guy (got my first in 1989) until the iPhone came out. The iPhone begat the MacBook Air. They just work.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 10:31:24 am »
both my boys have phones and love them.  only problem is coverage for some of the smart features.  if you are going to buy a phone with all the wiz-bang stuff, it ought to work everywhere!  at&ts coverage out my way is not so good.  it's the one reason i have stuck with verizon.

Annette, make sure they let you verify coverage out in your neck of the woods before you switch.

Watch the commercials by verizon  about AT&T 3G coverage where they put a map up of the US and show how little AT&T covers. As an AT&T customer that verizon add hit the nail on the head. AT&T 3G coverage is limitied at best. but when it works it works well

Keith

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 12:11:01 pm »
that's it keith.  i loved my sons iphone, but you really need to live-work-travel, in metro areas for all the features to work well.  if i ever move to town (shoot me) i'll think about at&t.  i swore i'd dump everything verizon when i got the chance, but so far i am stuck with them for DSL and phone.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 12:28:17 pm »
Well I have a Motorola Razor (pink!!hee hee) for a few years now and just love it.   I have AT&T because that is the only service that works well here in the foothills. I would love to switch, but not until the other companies get more towers up this way.

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 01:35:56 pm »

Watch the commercials by verizon  about AT&T 3G coverage where they put a map up of the US and show how little AT&T covers.

It's never been an issue for me because I live and travel in the geographical areas where AT&T has coverage.

Two issues with those ads:

1. They are comparing ONLY 3G, not cellular service. That's misleading for the vast majority of people who have no idea what 3G even is.

2. They are comparing geographical area, not population. Of course, if you're in BFE that could be an issue for you.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 01:44:27 pm »
my parents live in BFE.    at&t does not work where they live.  my verizon does.  i keep ending up in suburbs of BFE and need a phone that works.  that's the only reason i have not switched.  to bad AT&T doesn't do a better job with coverage......

the problem i have with all the cell phone companies is they way the sell the service.  unless you are really phone savvy, you won't understand most of  what they are saying.  you sign a 2 year contract and don't even know what you have.  i spend a really long time learning about the services before i upgraded.  i bet most people don't/can't do that.  i know it takes me the first year of that two year contract to teach my husband how to use his phone.  it's quite frustrating.

doesn't everyone have 3G now?   :-D  how would one survive without being able to access the world from ones phone?

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 02:05:35 pm »
I had a verizon phone for years because I traveled to BFE frequently with my job. I kept it as a backup for my iPhone for over a year. I'm semi-retired now and don't travel to BFE any more, so the AT&T coverage is ok for me now. Their customer service sucks just as bad as any cell provider, but I couldn't be happier with the service I get from Apple for the phone.