Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Swarm 6-6-2011  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Swarm 6-6-2011
« on: June 06, 2011, 07:30:18 pm »
I was headed off to work on my fence when I noticed a big cluster of bees in my own backyard. I think they came from my one hive that has been busting at the seems since spring. The hive has two deeps and three mediums and it still could not contain them. Anyway, I had to barrow a hive setup from another beek and will have to order him a new one. Any guesses how big, lbs, the swarm is? Here are a few pictures.

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
Re: Swarm 6-6-2011
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 08:14:34 pm »
Thats a nice catch
I'm way to new to even Guest-t-Mate
But I can rate it's a "Biggin" :shock:

Tommyt
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 08:40:31 pm »
Well I closed them up and brought them down to the ground hoping they would go inside. As I kept checking on them it seemd they were coming out of the box instead of going in! The front, one side, and all the way around the outer cover was completely covered in bees. I looked up and saw the clouds coming and saw the storm was approaching. I ran and got another deep hoping that would help. Sure enough when I took the top cover off the first deep was completely full and all the bees on the outside had no where to go. I placed the second deep on and the rain started. All except for a few now are inside waiting to go to their new home. Ill post some pictures where I am taking my bees tomorrow.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 09:34:49 pm »
Sweet.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 09:59:04 pm »
GOOD JOB
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP