Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: i want to sell honey please advise  (Read 2915 times)

Offline lovebee88

• Brood
i want to sell honey please advise
« on: September 06, 2015, 09:57:34 am »
am located in Ukraine
got a lot of honey best super quality

farm is located in the forests far away from pesticides and harmful air polluted

please advise what market shall i go to or what web sites

thank you

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: i want to sell honey please advise
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 03:01:09 pm »
Usually a local market works out the best.  Shipping cuts into your profits quickly.  Selling to a middle man also cuts into your profits but may free you up to spend more time beekeeping.  I have no idea what it entails to export it from the Ukraine.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 08:37:32 pm »
How much honey you harvest also affects your price. If you have 500 pounds or less, put it in pints and quart, liter and half liter jars and sell it at a premium. If you do not heat treat the honey, it is worth a lot more than heated honey. If you have 55 gallon containers of honey, you may want to sell it whole sale at a lower price and maybe sell some as above locally. I know several people that sell honey at $10.00 a pound in one pound can't singers and they sell a lot of it. They go to flee markets and sell it on weekends.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 11:09:51 pm »
I don't have a lot of hives, I talk to lots of people and tell them I have local honey.  Lots will buy some.  My sister in law has a beauty shop and she sells some for me.  Once you get customers  they will want some every year.  I sell most of mine in pint jars, there are a few that want quarts and I will try to get them which ever they want.

Good Luck to you and your bees

Joe D

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 12:15:55 am »
When we go to sell honey at farmers markets and craft sales, we take a honey bear and a box of crackers and give people samples of our honey. Once they taste it most people buy one or 2 jars.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

anything