Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Noob from Southeast Georgia  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Crtolbert

• New Bee
Noob from Southeast Georgia
« on: March 26, 2020, 02:05:58 pm »
Hello

I'm from SE Georgia and just installed my first package of bees this morning into my DIY TBH. I've been lurking here for a few years, gaining inspiration and knowledge (still a long way to go), but finally decided to pull the trigger. I can't explain how surreal and pleasurable it was having bees calmly buzzing around my veil with no fear of danger. And then to see them moving in and out of a hive that I built, seemingly making it their home. I know it's too soon to tell, but for the moment it looks like a successful install.

I look forward to getting to know and learning from you all.

Thank you,
Chris

Offline cao

• Super Bee
Re: Noob from Southeast Georgia
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 09:53:50 pm »
welcome  :happy:

Offline guitarstitch

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 12:40:48 pm »
Just wait until you harvest your first honey, or do your first split and see a successful requeen!  That rush just keeps providing rewards!
-Matthew Pence/Stitch

Offline Crtolbert

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 05:15:37 pm »
Man, I bet. I find myself wanting to just pull up a chair and watch them. May do that this afternoon when work is done. I wish I would have started earlier in life.

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 07:31:12 am »
Christ. All I k now is that a year after my first hive, I am still sitting in my chair sometimes, watching them go in and out. Welcome to the forum.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 09:44:31 am »
Welcome to Beemaster Chris.
I sat between my first 2 hives and watched my bees during my first 2 years. You learn a lot by what goes on at the entrance.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin