Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New member from Thomasville Georgia  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Sam Winton

• Brood
New member from Thomasville Georgia
« on: March 25, 2020, 02:23:03 pm »
Greetings from south Georgia. I am new to beekeeping. Have wanted to for a long time. read a lot and watched a million videos. I went to an short intro class on bees and was fired up. I just got my 2 nucs 2 weeks ago after taking a day long class through the Apalachee Beekeepers Association in Tallahassee. I have a lot to learn but an excited.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: New member from Thomasville Georgia
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 02:38:38 pm »
Greetings from south Georgia. I am new to beekeeping. Have wanted to for a long time. read a lot and watched a million videos. I went to an short intro class on bees and was fired up. I just got my 2 nucs 2 weeks ago after taking a day long class through the Apalachee Beekeepers Association in Tallahassee. I have a lot to learn but an excited.

Sam, you are already off to a good start by what you have described. I did the same as you. I read some here at beemaster, while watching many videos. I watched many types of videos along with cutout videos. I wish you well with your bee adventure. As a fellow member, welcome to beemaster glad to have you.

Phillip Hall
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 08:31:52 am »
Welcome, Sam. I am from Thomaston, Ga. NOT Thomasville. I wonder if people get your town confused with ours like they confuse our town with yours.
I am beginning my second year as a beek, and loving it. This forum has been my major source of answers and encouragement. I know you will benefit from being a part of it. Just ask your question and and share your stories.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 10:22:12 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 09:56:14 pm »
Welcome  :happy:

Offline guitarstitch

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 12:39:12 pm »
Welcome to the club.  The investment you've made in education before starting is a great first step.  There's so much going on in the hives that without that exposure, it's easy to get lost.  The next thing you might look into is getting an experienced mentor who can come help you go through your hives, at least for the first year. 
-Matthew Pence/Stitch