Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New labels for me  (Read 1233 times)

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
  • Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
    • Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc
New labels for me
« on: July 16, 2012, 07:27:09 pm »
Okay, I've spent the weekend designing a new label for honey jars. Let me lay the groundwork for my concept. I get alot of knocks on the door looking for honey without the first bit of signage or advertising, I also get the same for vegetables. Could it be the fifteen hives sitting by the road and the quarter acre garden out back. After talking with these people they are looking for homegrown, old fashioned honey and vegetables. I know I could sell every ounce right out the door and never have to worry about labeling but anal old me wants to do it up right.
In the past my sales were all informal unlabeled door yard sales but since I am also incorporated as a business, at least the side that is the source of my bees if not the honey side. I figure to cover my bases I need to make the effort to do it right. So in light of the old fashioned theme I went looking and found some inspiration in this one.

Kind of reminded me of an old syrup bucket label, so I came up with this.

That is the base and I am placing around with the idea of printing it on brown kraft paper or in sepia tones and of course the labels will be going on your basic mason jars.

Does it have the feel I am thinking of, and am I on the right track?
Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: New labels for me
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 08:49:32 pm »
You put a lot of info on that label, but it looks very professional. 

Offline Bee Curious

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 08:40:23 pm »
I think it gets your desired message across.  I like the type style but I do have one suggestion to try, tho it might look too 'new trying to look old-fashioned': what about a font that looks like an old fashioned typewriter?  Does that appeal?

Theo

Offline BingalingBees

• New Bee
  • Brad Raspet BingalingBees.com
    • Bingaling Bees
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 12:15:49 am »
I like it... How's it working out?
Brad Raspet - Mount Vernon, WA
www.BingalingBees.com

anything