Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: darn cross pollinating honeybees  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
darn cross pollinating honeybees
« on: December 06, 2006, 10:34:03 pm »
Well the farmers in California are having a small problem. They want to grow seedless oranges and these darn honeybees keep cross pollinating there crops with pollen that causes the oranges to have seeds. So do wemove the beesno, Let's move the whole orchard.

And declare a no fly zone.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/business/4382542.html

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: darn cross pollinating honeybees
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 12:04:47 am »
Oh brother, get with the program, so what on earth is wrong with a few little seeds?  Progress.  Well, so much for that.  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline _Brenda_

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 07:07:22 am »
How do they think they'll keep the wild bees, and any other pollinating insect, away?
Brenda

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 04:32:47 pm »
The most amazing thing about this issue is the biggest mandarin farmer in Cal. who wants seedless madarins is also one of the biggest almond growers. Guess what; he wants almond pollination. He even has both crops on the same plots of land. Talk about wanting and eating cake! A few seeds never killed anyone. They are claiming that the value of the mandarins w/ seeds is significantly lower than the seedless.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 12:51:20 am »
I guess the humans are just becoming too darn lazy, all there is to it.  Great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service