BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > REQUEENING & RAISING NEW QUEENS

Nicot Queen Rearing

<< < (6/7) > >>

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: ed/La. on April 22, 2019, 05:56:13 am ---htt8ps://images.app.goo.gl/HC7yNZurfq9YiHGb9.  That is link to honey bee life cycle chart. Queen cell is capped at day 9

--- End quote ---

Thanks Ed/La

blackforest beekeeper:
It`s like re-grafting sort of the day after. can be done, many do it. I don`t. I don`t like the queens emerge on different days.
Keep us updated on the success of your enterprise.
I will get my breeder hive ready on Wednesday, graft on Thursday. Should have done it a week earlier. We had summer-weather the last few days. gonna get colder and rainy again...
Hopefully they will collect the canola-nectar even if it is a bit shady...
expecting first swarm-cells on Wednesday.

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: blackforest beekeeper on April 22, 2019, 05:36:56 pm ---It`s like re-grafting sort of the day after. can be done, many do it. I don`t. I don`t like the queens emerge on different days.
Keep us updated on the success of your enterprise.
I will get my breeder hive ready on Wednesday, graft on Thursday. Should have done it a week earlier. We had summer-weather the last few days. gonna get colder and rainy again...
Hopefully they will collect the canola-nectar even if it is a bit shady...
expecting first swarm-cells on Wednesday.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Blackforest, will do. Wishing the best to you in your grafting situation also.
Phillip

dfizer:
Hello -
I too have just started with the nicot system.  I put the assembled box in for the attendant bees to clean up a few days ago.  Yesterday (morning) I introduced my breeder queen.  Today I checked it (late morning) and not eggs have been laid. 
My question is - how long does it take for the queen to accept the box and begin to lay? 
Please advise.

TheHoneyPump:
On the first go, it may take her 2 days to get comfort with the box then will lay some. 
The next time she goes in she will lay sooner, next sooner, next right away ....
It is a scents thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version