BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > REQUEENING & RAISING NEW QUEENS

Nicot Queen Rearing

<< < (5/7) > >>

Michael Bush:
>Try both!

Absolutely.  I did.

Ben Framed:
Thanks fellows, I appreciate your responses. I have put the cups in the holders on the bars. And introduced this to the queen-less hive. When should I be able to see that the cups have been accepted? When do the nurse bees begin forming the peanut shaped cell? Thank again.
Phillip

blackforest beekeeper:
Hi Philip,
they will start right away. After one day is a good time to inspect and you will see them drawing out the cells quite clearly. some beeks will remove any not accepted cells and move the accepted ones into the middle of the cell-holder frame.

ed/La.:
https://images.app.goo.gl/HC7yNZurfq9YiHGb9.  That is link to honey bee life cycle chart. Queen cell is capped at day 9

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: blackforest beekeeper on April 22, 2019, 01:49:48 am ---Hi Philip,
they will start right away. After one day is a good time to inspect and you will see them drawing out the cells quite clearly. some beeks will remove any not accepted cells and move the accepted ones into the middle of the cell-holder frame.

--- End quote ---

Thanks blackforest, that sounds good. I have a total of 30 cups on two bars in one frame. I had 110 cups on the grid. I left the grid in place in the breeder hive. This leaves me a window of opportunity to replace any non accepted cups by simply retrieving more from the grid if needed? I do not see where that would be a problem being  several of the cups left in the grid, were still in the egg stage and had yet to hatch or have royal jelly added as of yesterday. Perhaps tomorrow many of those will be hatched and have royal jelly applied and should be ready to go if needed? Thanks for your reply
Phillip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version