BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING

What's flowering: Queensland

<< < (116/157) > >>

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: max2 on June 29, 2021, 07:53:49 am ---Hi Ben,
I'm not a 100% sure what type, of snake it was - probably a harmless tree snake.

Still, it is not something to see every day when you work bees!

--- End quote ---

Agreed! I could not imagine! We have four poisonous strands here in America (USA). From what I have seen at the zoo, and understand, your country has its share of poisonous snakes as well.

I bet it did not take you long to inspect that hive?  :shocked: :cheesy: :wink: lol  Glad you were not bitten, even by a non posionious snake. 

max2:
Hi Ben,
we are in lock down here in SE Qld. A good time to assemble some more gear.

I have never been worried about snakes - quite like them. They do make you take a step back when you first see them. We have some very large, indeed huge ones here on the property. Some of the deadliest snakes call this part of the country home. We had a incident when a visitor was bitten by and Eastern Brown and he had to be flown out by helicopter. He was Ok later that day but it needed some quick action.

Most snakes I encounter get out of my way. I only handle those I know are not poisonous....and carefully.

You should see the spiders!

We used to have a lot of US students visiting ( from Pacific Lutheren Uni in Tacoma) and they needed a bit of encouragement to get of the coach.

I tell you about the Drop Bears another time.

max2:
Ben, while I'm at the computer...
Here is a good reference for DROP BEAR.

The problem is that good Drp Bear country is also great bee country.

https://australian.museum/learn/animals/mammals/drop-bear/

Ben Framed:

--- Quote ---They do make you take a step back when you first see them.

--- End quote ---

I am sure they do! It is the ones we do not see that causes my concern! lol 😂 Glad to hear your friend recovered from the Eastern Brown snake bite! Had I been the visitor been bitten I probably would have died from a heart ❤️ attack!  :shocked: :grin: :wink:

max2:
The solution is : Don't  panic...DON'T PANIC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version