Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: bees bite the queen legs  (Read 2715 times)

Offline drone1952

• New Bee
    • STIRI DIN STUPARIT (Apinews)
bees bite the queen legs
« on: September 17, 2009, 01:56:20 am »
„Well, the discussion has started in our club in an evening and revolves around the queen of bank . Them if they stay longer and in a cage with wire mesh bee about losing their patience and start  to bite feet of the queens.
Here occurred the club president who is a student at UC apiculture Riverside and explained that a queen held hostage several weeks will have problems with bees when it will be released as Bees to bite the pheromone glands of the feet are gray in color.
Therefore disruption of the natural cycle of a queen for a very long time can become something fatal for her.
Also, when I went to Tom Glenn saw that he preferred to keep the queens in small nuclei after mating and artificial in the bank than on the virgin you do not like more than a week because otherwise it decreases the chance of success.”
Maybe I do not know the latest news about bees and therefore  I ask your opinion.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: bees bite the queen legs
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 05:26:56 pm »
The JZBZ cages were designed to prevent this problem.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin