Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My Beekeeping Video Site  (Read 7491 times)

Offline ZuniBee

• House Bee
    • ZuniBeeFarms.com
My Beekeeping Video Site
« on: March 19, 2007, 04:45:08 pm »
I started ZuniBee.com as another resource to help educate current and prospective beekepers.

ZuniBee Farms is a brand new, 2007, start up apiary. We have been reading as many books as possible to absorb as much information we can. Yes, we are hooked! While there are many great websites and forums with outstanding information, we noticed a void of actual personal videos to learn from. There are many videos on YouTube ® but sorting through all the other results makes things difficult. Plus, the comments left are often not from beekeepers who can further enhance the learning process by adding comments from their experience. Learning by watching is much easier than trying to only visualize a concept in a book. I envision ZuniBee being a place where members can upload their videos (even camera phone videos) and get comments on whats right and whats wrong so they can improve.

By providing a site for beekeepers to share videos, members will be able to see tasks they have only read about - in action! They can comment, provide guidance, and opinions on what is seen. BeeKeepers can keep private video logs (vlogs) and have fun sharing their videos with the world.

ZuniBee.com is FREE, has no advertising, and is not being operated to make money. It is a service paid for by ZuniBee Farms as our contribution to the beekeeping community.

The site is not a forum and when you log in as a member you will even see a direct link to this forum to make it easy to get to after watching a video!

Please help spread the word and most of all, enjoy your experience on ZuniBee.com!

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
Re: My Beekeeping Video Site
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 01:17:39 am »
Ill get plenty of videos on their when I get a cable, neat project!
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 09:24:41 am »
You should add your site to the Beemaster Webring -> http://g.webring.com/wrman?ring=beemastersbackya;sid=29;addsite
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline danno1800

• House Bee
    • http://www.huntingtonquarterly.com/Issue30/renaissance.html
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 12:38:22 pm »
Thanks for this great site. I have added it to our bee club's webpage: http://cabellwaynebeekeepers.googlepages.com/home

Offline ZuniBee

• House Bee
    • ZuniBeeFarms.com
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 12:47:23 pm »

Ill get plenty of videos on their when I get a cable, neat project!

Great! Your pictures are good...I look forward to seeing your video

You should add your site to the Beemaster Webring ->

Great idea. I will add it to the webring this evening.

Thanks for this great site. I have added it to our bee club's webpage:

Thanks for adding it to your clubs webpage. The more people that know about it the more videos will get uploaded.

I am working on a video blog addition so each member can not only have their videos and photo albums but a video blog as well. Hope to get it within a week or so. I get my bees Monday so I am really trying to get it ready by then! I am going to video everything I do so get ready, you all may get some really good laughs!

I am welcome to suggestions for the site as well!

Offline ZuniBee

• House Bee
    • ZuniBeeFarms.com
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 01:04:52 pm »
You should add your site to the Beemaster Webring -> http://g.webring.com/wrman?ring=beemastersbackya;sid=29;addsite

OK, I added the webring code to the site and applied. I will format the site better tonight and put the code on more pages.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 04:17:46 pm »
Zuni:

I registered last night and will activate it today - I must say it is really a great concept and I'll be doing all I can once setup with bees here again. I'm really ripping apart my own video content now, learning Microsoft's Movie Maker and the software that came with my Panasonic digicam - I want to make all quality stuff, not just rough videos without good editing.

I really like the idea of dubbing the audio track later AFTER editing is complete - toss in a light music track in the background and it magicly appears seemless and professional. Right now I can do a good clip on preparing an older hive for a new generation of bees. I have everything cleaned from execess wax and propolis, scraped down the ends where the frames rest on the rails (to me a very important part of inspection and maintenance MOST people miss - keeping these rail-riders clean seriously aids in removing NEXT time) and all the wire brushing and other preparations. Having issues like CCD and loss because of low bee count going into Winter leaves us with lots of reusable frames - at least until they prove CCD is carried into the frames, but I didn't even have a single bee inside the cells trying to keep warm, I had less than a cup at the bottomboard - ugh.

Talking to Howland Blackiston (Author of Beekeeping for Dummies) he lost all 6 of his hives STRONGLY stating CCD being the reason. I look at the CCD charts and NEVER see my state of NEW JERSEY highlighted, well - come to my house and take a peek, then color my state red too. It seems silly that about 80% of the states show CCD the problem just STOPS at imaginary legal boundries - you're telling me that either bees or mystery diseases know where one state ends and another on starts - that's silly.

Lastly, as one Commercial Free guy to another, I'm really honored that you choose to keep it free and friendly - there is real reward in doing so, something that "in the end" has memories and no regrets. Congratulations and expect a good link here at Beemaster Forums real soon to help aid content flow your way :) Thanks again for all.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline ZuniBee

• House Bee
    • ZuniBeeFarms.com
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 05:18:58 pm »
Thanks for supporting the site. I would rather watch other peoples beekeeping videos than TV! You are also correct about what movie maker can do. I got some of the Juice Drops CD's at digitaljuice.com. The CD's have backgrounds, images, and music that really come in handy with movie making. I got them when I made my parents a 50th anniversary video....

Offline MarkR

• House Bee
    • My Photo Album
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 01:11:57 pm »
Just signed up!  What a great idea.  I'm loving that "City of Bees" piece that Choices put up.  That voice reminds me of those old Jaques Cousteau documentaries that would mesmerize me in my youth. 

Mark

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 12:28:49 am »
Zuni:

I think you saw I added your site to my SPOTLIGHTED LINKS section JUST under your Avatar on each page - I hope it helps aim TONS of video content your way.

I am having trouble though getting the email varification sent to me - tried three times. Can you allow activation on your end, or PM me if you need some info I missed. I don't see my filters catching you or anything like that, I'm not getting the varification letter and I surely want it.

I'm going to do a video on cleaning old hive parts for FUTIRE ease of handling for inspection - a short practice bee film to use all my tools and get some content on the site.

Also, I'm going to do a VIDEO INTRO (was going to upload it to youtube) but if okay, I want to send it to your site, a welcome to member here in the forum. Let me know. Again, feel free to PM, I just had this open and thought again that it should be mentioned how excited a concept you have, I truly wish to see EVERY imaginable Bee Video on Earth there - BEST WISHES, Respectfully,

P.S. I almost forgot (although this might be a no brainer) username Beemaster :) you would be surprised how many old members (gone a year or more) write me asking to reinstate them, with no username or any info except their first name - lol. The numbers can be staggering.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
    • Photo Album
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 12:43:27 am »
Basically its a Myspace for Bee keepers! I LOVE the concept! I finally have time to play with it... hehe
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
    • Photo Album
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 11:20:27 pm »
I cant Upload video, is it java based?

Thats what I get...

Offline ZuniBee

• House Bee
    • ZuniBeeFarms.com
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 01:48:12 pm »
Sorry, I missed this post....

When are you getting the error? Is it right when you click upload or after it uploads?

Is the video in mpeg, dat, wmv, avi, mov, mpg, or flv format?

I just did a test upload and it worked fine. If you can't get it uploaded and have a link where I can get the file I will upload it for you and attach it to your account.

J

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
    • Photo Album
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 02:00:53 pm »
no it does that when I click up load its a wmv.

Offline ZuniBee

• House Bee
    • ZuniBeeFarms.com
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 02:05:58 pm »
Sounds like it may be a security setting on your computer. Do you have a way for me to download the video? Is it on you tube for example? Then I could test it.