Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Are Zippers Universal?  (Read 3367 times)

Offline mtnb

• Field Bee
Are Zippers Universal?
« on: March 09, 2016, 12:09:39 pm »
I recently purchased a square folding veil which has both zipper ends so you can sew one end to your jacket. I LOVE my new veil which I wear with one of those safari style hats. LOVE IT! I want to wear this veil with my jacket and my suit. I'm going to sew the one end of the zipper to my jacket which I wear most often but I'd also like to be able to exchange it out onto my suit if needed. So, my question is, are zippers universal, meaning if I get the same length of zipper from JoAnn's or somewhere, will the new zipper fit my veil zipper? I tried googling but not coming up with anything other than the Universal Zipper Co. lol

If that doesn't work, what do you all do? Have a different veil for each suit/jacket/outfit? Or does Mann Lake provide extra zipper parts for their zippers?
I'd rather be playing with venomous insects
GO BEES!

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
Re: Are Zippers Universal?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 12:38:13 pm »
A simple answer is . . no zippers are not universal. I know a beek that put Velcro on his veil so he could use the same veil on his three jackets.   -Mike
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 12:21:38 am »

I live near YKK the world leader of zippers. My friend works there. Zippers come in numeric sizes. Count no of heads per inch to match the zipper sizing. Also measure the the zipper it's self.

John

Offline mtnb

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 10:37:30 am »
Thank you so much for that information John! I was hoping there is a better answer than what mikecva was offering! lol Thanks to you both! That helps a ton.
GO BEES!

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 11:46:28 pm »
Your welcome. You never know what you can learn from friends when your drinking out by the pool at night. Your just lucky I could remember it. :cool:

John

Offline KeyLargoBees

• Field Bee
    • Pirate Hat Apiary
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 08:29:17 am »
MTBG....do you have different Bee suits seasonally?....fur lined Parka suits for spring and fall inspections and then the normal suit for summer use? This seasonal thing and that cold weather stuff confuses me :-)
Jeff Wingate

Changes in Latitudes...Changes in Attitudes....are Florida Keys bees more laid back than the rest of the country...only time will tell!!!
piratehatapiary@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/piratehatapiary

Offline mtnb

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 12:42:18 pm »
Hehehe ^^^ yes, and the bees get cold up here too. Imagine having to buy thousands of little hats and coats each year! Oh the cost!
GO BEES!