Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Texas church shooting  (Read 17156 times)

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
Re: Texas church shooting
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 08:04:14 pm »
It?s the liberal mindset. They are correct and you must agree.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 08:10:11 pm »
Dallas, for a second he was a good guy then he took the law into his own hands and ran down the perpetrator to kill him.  He is guilty of murder or manslaughter at the least.
Edit:
Just on the news tonight ... Over 120,000 applications stopped for a gun permit.  Maybe next year 200,000 or maybe even a 1/2 million because of this incident.  The more you fight the right thing to do the more you will loose your freedoms for the truly good guy.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2017, 08:56:26 pm »
Your nuts.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2017, 10:28:33 pm »
Dallas, for a second he was a good guy then he took the law into his own hands and ran down the perpetrator to kill him.  He is guilty of murder or manslaughter at the least.
Edit:
Just on the news tonight ... Over 120,000 applications stopped for a gun permit.  Maybe next year 200,000 or maybe even a 1/2 million because of this incident.  The more you fight the right thing to do the more you will loose your freedoms for the truly good guy.

I have seen nothing to undicate he wanted to KILL the perp.  He was determined to stop the guy from killing anyone else.  Then the guy spun out and made a phone call to his father and killed himself.  Is that bad?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2017, 11:09:20 pm »

Neither, in fact.  It was a justifiable shooting.  If he'd killed him, it would have been justifiable homicide.  It is not always a bad thing, or an illegal thing, to take the law into your own hands.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2017, 11:14:04 pm »
Would have used another word, but there?s ladies on this forum.

Where??   :shocked:

""What would have made a difference is if the gun law that was in place was followed NO ONE would have been killed and that is a fact that you will never admit.""

Ace, you are correct that laws were not followed.  We do not know if that would have stopped this guy.  What we do know is that shooting him earlier would have saved lives and shooting him when the guy did, ended it.  That's really all we know because this idiot could have either found illegal guns or another way to kill people.  Blocking the doors and setting the place on fire would have worked too.   
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 10:06:43 am »
I have seen nothing to undicate he wanted to KILL the perp. 

Which video did you watch.  The killing had stopped.  The perp was out of sight and they had to travel at speeds of 90 mph in a pick up with no warning lights or siren.  That along could have resulted in more innocent people getting hurt.  There was no self defense here.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2017, 10:11:06 am »
Let?s play out a hypothetical Ace. Your in a bank when two armed robbers rush in and start shooting people one by one. You?re turn is coming up fast. The guy next to you has his concealed weapon drawn. And you whisper to him forcefully, don?t even think about it! That would be against the law! 

You?re one messed up dude.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 10:12:51 am »
We do not know if that would have stopped this guy.

I know that it would have stop him from killing those people with that gun and any other scenario is guess work.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 10:38:13 am »

I know that it would have stop him from killing those people with that gun and any other scenario is guess work.

So which law did he follow that day? And you think oh there was a law saying he couldn?t use an AR to mow down people, that he wouldn?t have.
Your a special kind of stupid.

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 10:38:39 am »

So which law did he follow that day? And you think if there was a law saying he couldn?t use an AR to mow down people, that he wouldn?t have.
Your a special kind of stupid.

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 11:11:01 am »
One thing you have to admit, Ace. he good guy with a gun stopped him from killing more, that day or ever.

Technically no.  A bad guy killed another bad guy.
What would have made a difference is if the gun law that was in place was followed NO ONE would have been killed and that is a fact that you will never admit.
technically, a Good guy stopped the bad guy.  Protecting the innocent is the epitome of goodness.  Only a sheep would believe that defence of self and others is a bad thing.  Standing by for the slaughter is pure foolishness and lends aid to the evil.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 11:13:13 am »
Come on ace. I want your opinion on this one!
No you don't.  There aren't enough good guys to protect me from a mentally deranged bad guy for every place I want to go.  There are too many armed guards in my life as it is.  More guns will not solve a problem of guns getting in the wrong hands.
You  defined the primary reason to carry your own.  A responsible citizen is responsible for his own safety.  A sheep relies upon others and worries.
Winter is coming.

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 11:22:35 am »
Cause you ain?t gonna get the guns outa the bad guys hands.

It makes it tougher to do when the good guy turns bad and gets cheered on.  As these scenarios continue the good guys will lose more of their freedoms not less.  The civilized world has changed away from the wild, wild west.  Things are not decided by gun rule on the spot anymore unless you are a drug lord or in a gang.
The wild wild west was not nearly as wild as the dime novels and movies made it.   The murder rate is much higher in your 'civilised' NY in this day and age than it was 120 years ago in Arizona.  Virtually every location with stringent gun laws has a much higher violent crime rate than more libertarian locales.

Throughout the debates in this forum you have been given official facts and government statistics that prove these statements to be true, yet you ignore fact and desperately cling to the Demorat party line that strict government control equals safety. 

A good guy defending the defenseless is not a good guy turning bad, it is a good guy being good.   
Winter is coming.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 11:34:29 am »
>if the gun law that was in place was followed NO ONE would have been killed

If the drug laws that are in place were followed no one would die from drugs...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2017, 12:47:56 pm »
The perp was out of sight and they had to travel at speeds of 90 mph in a pick up with no warning lights or siren.  That along could have resulted in more innocent people getting hurt.  There was no self defense here.

When was he shot twice by the good guy?  He was not shot after he ran off the road except by his own hand.  Did they shoot him when he was out of sight?

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2017, 12:49:20 pm »
If the drug laws that are in place were followed no one would die from drugs...

Completely false Mike many people die taking legal drugs.  But this has no bearing on what I said.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2017, 12:55:06 pm »
The point is you can?t make people follow laws. You figure that one out and you?d be richer than Bill Gates.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2017, 01:01:36 pm »

When was he shot twice by the good guy? 
I am not sure if it is in the vedio linked or a news reel I saw (I think it was a news reel interview) He stated while they were chasing the perp down he shot at him and claimed he hit him twice before the perp ever went of the road.  He actively tried to kill him traveling at a high rate of speed.  I don't think that is how law enforcement stops a perp.  There is no way this guy was going to "get away."  No mass murderer shooting up the population has got away yet.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2017, 01:15:42 pm »
""Completely false Mike many people die taking legal drugs.  But this has no bearing on what I said.""

Wrong again, Ace. The law says take the legal drugs only when prescribed and then only according to label and doctor's instructions.
If those laws were followed, few if any deaths would happen.

You are also wrong about when he shoot the bad guy.

""Stephen Willeford, 55, confronted gunman Devin Patrick Kelley, 26, when he was leaving First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, wounding him, before he and Johnnie Langendorff, 27, chased him in a car after he fled.""
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*