Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Delete me  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Captain776

• House Bee
  • Captain
Delete me
« on: July 25, 2017, 05:19:36 am »
Whoever is in charge of this.........delete me
Bought my first NUC April 7, 2016.
Like all you when you first started, I am fascinated with beginning Beekeeping and trying to learn all I can.
I retired May 2015 and have added this to my short list of hobbies.

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
Re: Delete me
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 04:30:08 pm »
Huh? Delete what?  Stay with us man.
Take a kid fishing !

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 04:41:33 pm »
I suspect that Bruce did not write this. He may have been hacked.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 05:40:49 pm »
See the thread under Down Under Beekeeping .  The kerfuffle about Yanks might explain.  Stay with us, Captain.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline tjc1

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 07:44:44 pm »
I looked at that thread and couldn't sort out what had actually happened... Maybe I'm just thick, or something originally part of that thread got deleted. But in any case, Cap'n - stay on with us, man. It is so easy for intentions to be misread on a forum or email. I don't think that anyone involved wanted or intended to offend. This, too, shall pass!

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 09:08:46 pm »
I can't make sense of it either. Heck I can't even figure out what the very first post was about. Fella seemed pretty excited though. But on the other hand it's easy to misinterpret what someone writes out, and take it another way other than the way it was meant. It's hard to hear the tone in someone's voice when it's all typed out on an internet forum. I am a member of an outdoor forum here at home and I called a guy Hoss one Time. It went like this "easy Hoss, that's not what we were talking about"....... I'm from Georgia and some people probably call me a redneck, or whatever. But I use the word Hoss every single day. And I was trying to get a point across to the guy, but in my head it sounded a lot different than it did when the guy read it. He got 50 shades of ticked off and almost lost his membership on the forum. I apologized and let him know that I understood where he was coming from. He probably thought I was getting a little sideways with him when I used the word Hoss. But I really wasn't. Y'all don't go and get all upset. Captain I have read a lot of your posts and it seems that you are here for the same reasons as me. Very fascinated with the bees and being new we need all the help we can get. Stick around Hoss (haha I had to) and let's get these bees figured out.
Take a kid fishing !

Offline mtnb

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 12:02:19 pm »
What thread? I've tried to find the one you're talking about Dallas.  I've looked at all the recent ones.

Please don't go capt. I love reading about your adventures over there. Some people are just a%%es. When I first started here there was a guy who said totally rude things to me for a question I asked. It didn't bother me cuz I have thick skin but the admin totally kicked him out of here. I still feel bad about that but the guy brought it on himself. Just ignore idiots. There's always gonna be that one...

Stay please
I'd rather be playing with venomous insects
GO BEES!

Offline paus

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 12:26:52 pm »
Capt. I have a lot in common with you in your background as well as where you live, and being "oil field trash" as I proudly and sometimes loudly proclaim.  I have worked all over the world, and I like to read your post about Thailand.  Oh yes I enjoy bees to, so If you read this please don't leave.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 01:06:48 pm by paus »

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 12:59:15 pm »
Moderator removed the offending language after the forum got up and running again, so it's over.  I guess (not sure) the offender received a warning or something.  Maybe both parties were told to cool the rhetoric.  The forum is supposed to be a friendly place, but sometimes people get their dander up (whatever that means).   Usually, it's over political points, but I can't even recall what this kerfuffle was about, so let's move on.  Nothing to see here. 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 08:25:19 am »
The moderator may have put them in the quite corner for 30 days.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 10:27:26 pm »
The moderator may have put them in the quite corner for 30 days.

I almost got a time out once.   :grin:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 08:41:34 am »
No one was put in the corner.

For the record, we do not delete members or post either.  A member is free to leave whenever they want,  but whatever they previously contributed to the discuss stays.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 09:16:51 am »
I guess I missed something. I don't want anyone to leave though.