Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Especially for Van, The15thMember, and BAHBEEs  (Read 4049 times)

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Re: Especially for Van, The15thMember, and BAHBEEs
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2020, 10:06:27 pm »
Chloroquine, you nailed that one Mr. Ben over a week ago.  What took the FDA so long?  BenFramed should counsel those researchers, tell them which direction to head.  It?s all in Mr. BenFrame original post, the subject of this post, originated days ago.

Wait another week and mention will be made of tonic water, contrary to big pharma who wishes to sale their drug.  Those folks will do anything to hide tonic water and quinine.  Big pharma can?t make a dime off tonic water, so every effort will be made to hide.  Think of the $$$$$$ almost every person in the world would buy RX to prevent or lessen corvid19.  So hush hush about tonic water and quinine.

Thank you again Mr. Ben, Phil, your best catch yet!
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2020, 11:31:02 pm »
>BenFramed should counsel those researchers, tell them which direction to head.  It?s all in Mr. BenFrame original post, the subject of this post, originated days ago.

Mr. Van Thank you for the kind words. I  am just bold enough to try! lol  But realizing my lack of proper education in this field, would be my disadvantage. On the other hand, with you by my side I think we as a team, could give them a run for their money! Getting this mess straightened out pronto! lol :wink:

PS It would not be a bad idea to ask Iddee, Member, and BAABEEs along just for good measure.  :grin:

Phillip

« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 12:29:39 pm by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2020, 10:34:40 am »
Mr. Ben brought the subject choloquine malaria drug [see video] on March 16, this thread, FDA just ordered one million doses and is now, just recently, news folks are talking about Mr. Ben?s, Phil subject matter, this thread.  What took everybody, new media, so long???  All the media had to do was read this post on BeeMaster by BenFramed.  Again, good catch, Phil.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2020, 02:24:07 pm »
Thank you Mr Van. I agree this is very important news and I am very happy to hear that the FDA has decided to finally move on this. So important. But I can not really take credit for the find, I think the Good Lord led me to it and form me, to you, through me. Teamwork Mr Van. I credit YOU for confirming just how important this drug is for this situation. I am happy that you studied it and know of it. I feel we at Beemaster are blessed that you are here to enlighten us. I also wish to recognize Member and BAABEEs for their input. But you are the key to our understanding and conformation. Just more proof that a Scientist may retire but is never retired. Thank you so very much and lets pray that we, nor our families and friends, have to be faced with this dread.

Phillip

« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 12:29:55 pm by Ben Framed »
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2020, 11:24:52 am »
Mr Van it seems more and more people in the medical field are agreeing with you and what you had to say weeks ago. Thank you Mr Van.
https://youtu.be/vQ_mrOkZnbc

Offline Skeggley

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2020, 10:51:30 pm »
Yeah thanks guys zinc and tonic water is now on my daily schedule.

I?d also like to add, in regards to the above video, that although 1000000 tests have been done, and congrats for that, it?s still a long way behind other countries like Italy, tests per capita but is moving forward which is positive.
Stay safe all.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2020, 12:49:21 am »
At 18:50 The President speaks of this once more. Mr Van.

Phillip

https://youtu.be/nAyneT9Nutw

Offline BAHBEEs

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2020, 02:47:48 pm »
Not to be the wet blanket, but this so far has been largely hot air.  Anecdotal evidence is not what we need. We need a good study done on it, but currently there is little real evidence to say this will work.  The Non-medical politicians need dearly to shut up and sit done and let the medical folks lead...with NO interference.  There has been far too much minimalization lingo out of the current leadership for me to trust what they say.

The use of survivors antibodies is likely our shortest route to safety.  we did almost have a treatment about 2 years ago...but it got defunded.

Sadly I think that we are now beginning to pay for a decades long growing illogical doubting of science/scientists and doctors.

Barry

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2020, 03:14:48 pm »
Yes, some of us are old enough to remember Thalidomide. We want new meds tested well before cast into the general public.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2020, 03:32:30 pm »
I have total confidence in. Mr Van. He may be the scientist', scientist.

> chloroquine,  plus zinc added to the diet lowered death rate by 10 fold in Korea compared to Italy.

And to add to Vans statement above, Mr Trump our President says that STUDIES show that patients who have Lupus, which take this durg, and has been for years, has non existent cases of Corona. This drug has been tested and retested, and used around the world for decades for Malaria, Lupus, and severe Arthritis  So throw you blankets, put up the white flag, lol. I will go with the first and second post here from experts and what these experts say. No offence intended to anyone. This may very well save lives, Like President ask, what do you have to lose if you are laying on your deathbed and chloroquine is made available? I commend Mr Trump, the businessman, (now) politician, for being bold enough to make the statement. Each to his own. lol

Phillip

« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 12:30:20 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline BAHBEEs

• House Bee
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2020, 04:47:29 pm »
That is the problem with throwing an untested lifeline to the general public.  They will take it every time. 

My wife has to take that stuff for tick influenced Arthritis.  It has some rather rough side effects.  Pretty bad rage being one of them.  It resembles what we used to call Roid Rage back when I was a kid.  It also causes her to have extreme muscle cramps in her legs.  he has learned to only take it for a while and then go off to control the side effects.  it has the capacity to do some rather bad long term organ function issues.  This is not just aspirin level medications.  To make things even more cool because this untried (in a scientific study sense), approach has been so bragged on the supplies have been bought up and hoarded.  this means that my wife when she needs it or worse when a lupus patient needs the drug that actually works for them, they cannot get it right now.  Worth noting...unless you happen to be quite wealthy...or you are one of the hoarders...you wont be getting much of it either.  I have serious doubts that enough tonic water could be consumed to really make a difference.

Not trying to be all negative and all merely realistic.  I need hard data.

Barry

Offline BAHBEEs

• House Bee
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2020, 04:49:30 pm »
I watched this show.  Fauci is currently the voice of reason.

"The data are really just, at best, suggestive," Fauci told CBS's "Face the Nation" on Sunday. "There have been cases that show there may be an effect, and there are others to show there's no effect. So I think, in terms of science, I don't think we could definitively say it works."

Barry

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2020, 06:46:50 pm »
"There have been cases that show there may be an effect, and there are others to show there's no effect"

Barry, there isn't a medicine on earth that works on all patients.

When terminal, I think it's a great time to test the unknown. What do they have to lose?

That's why we have prescriptions rather than just throwing it out on the store shelf. Nothing works for all, but I also don't think the decision should be wholly made by the doctors and drug makers that will profit by more of it being sold. Our leaders and their assistants should keep a close eye on it and have the final say.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2020, 08:16:59 pm »
I am sorry about you wife Barry. I wish there was a miracle cure for what she has. I understand what you are saying about more data. Unfortunately there is not time for more for some folks. I agree with you again that this stuff should not be just handed out. It should be a prescription, therefore a person that test positive and in a bad way should be the one receiving by prescription of a Doctor. I have not heard of hoarding of this medication, however I am concerned about availability of this. As most us know 90% of ALL medication comes from China. I have a very, very good friend which takes this for Lupus. From what I understand, the dose for Corina is 500mg per day for 6 days. I do not know, but I would like to know if taken for short term, will this do organ damage? As iddee said, and I agree. If it is a matter of life and death, the choice is simple. Now as for tonic water. Mr Van pointed out that 12oz has 20mg. We can not nor should we, try and drink that much a day. Far too much liquid intake can be dangerous. But: If we were to take 32oz. three or four times a day, spaced out, in an emergency situation, perhaps it will get a person over the hump if the proper amount of zinc is included? Even this may to much liquid intake? I do not know and I'm not claiming to know. Lets hope no one here, nor members of our families, are faced with these circumstances. Thank you Barry for your input and critical thinking I appreciate your point of view as well as others. That is why I added your name to the heading. 

Phillip

Offline jimineycricket

• House Bee
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2020, 09:47:23 pm »
I understand that we are supposed to have social distancing, but shouldn't this be discussed in the Coffee House?  I generally log on here for Bee discussions.
jimmy

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2020, 10:46:05 pm »
I understand that we are supposed to have social distancing, but shouldn't this be discussed in the Coffee House?  I generally log on here for Bee discussions.

Jimmy, from the very first post. "Jim please give these three time to review this before moving to another section please."
The reason that I ask Jim to consider the request, and I suppose he so graciously did, is the importance of the topic, which may save lives, including beekeepers lives which may read here. Maybe even some of our very own friends who may need to know of this  information in these critical times. I understand you may not like to see this here in general beekeeping and in that case your request is valid as far as I am concerned. Maybe Jim will move, leaving the heading here and while adding moved to another location that he deems appropriate? That way folks who may be keeping up with this will know where to find it.

Phillip

« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 12:30:41 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2020, 12:32:42 am »
Error

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:24:40 am by Ben Framed »

anything