Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Another new member to the Altmiller farm.  (Read 3151 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Another new member to the Altmiller farm.
« on: September 01, 2019, 10:11:59 pm »
Earlier my wife mentioned to me that our pregnant donkey, Sterling, was on the opposite side of the field from the cows. I came back from the barn and Sterling was not with the cows. This is not normal. I told her that is she wanted to see the baby born, she should go out and check on Sterling. We walked out there and found her with a beautiful dark gray baby donkey. It was less than an hour old, still wet, mom cleaning it and the placenta on the ground.
🤗
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Another new member to the Altmiller farm.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 01:52:39 am »
Good deal, Life's wonders!!  Maybe this new donkey may make a good manger scene donkey someday for your Church Christmas Play?
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 08:35:39 am »
What are your plans now that you have two donkeys?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 09:54:22 am »
What are your plans now that you have two donkeys?
To have 2 donkeys. 😀
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 09:56:51 am »
We just went out to get some pictures.
Here are a couple:

Jim Altmiller
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 10:06:40 am »
And a couple more:

Jim Altmiller
Ben Franklin

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 10:09:50 am »
Oh my gosh!!  SO CUTE!!!  :cheesy:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 10:09:56 am »
Her name is Dorian.
Jim Altmiller
Ben Franklin

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 01:45:07 pm »
Great name!  Little hurricane baby.  ☺️  How is Sterling doing?  Is she being a good mamma?  Also, do you think Dorian?s color will change as she gets older, or will she probably be this dark her whole life?
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 06:02:35 pm »
Great name!  Little hurricane baby.  ☺️  How is Sterling doing?  Is she being a good mamma?  Also, do you think Dorian?s color will change as she gets older, or will she probably be this dark her whole life?
Sterling is doing just great. We kept trying to get Sterling to bring Dorian to the barn. She would walk a hundred feet with us and then turn around and take Dorian back down the path and stop by the fence next to the main road. Not where we want her. Barb wire fences don?t stop little animals.
Finally I picked Dorian up and carried her, Sterling started following and then turned around and ran back towards the road, she did this several times as if she didn?t know where the baby was. Every time I put Dorian down, she would come running back to us. It was as if she didn?t recognize Dorian when I was carrying her. Finally I put Dorian down and surprisingly, the 2 of them followed us to the gate and we got them into our main pasture. Sterling brought Dorian down by the house and the cows were all up against the gate making a big fuss over Durian. Now she can take Dorian into my barn during the storm, when ever it gets here. We will put the cows in the pond pasture so that they can use the old barn.
Jim Altmiller
Ben Franklin