Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Texan?s beware  (Read 3770 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Texan?s beware
« on: April 03, 2019, 10:38:50 am »
If you live in Texas and are a beekeeper read the following.
https://anamericanhomestead.com/new-texas-regulations-for-bee-removal-professionals/
This woman wants to totally stop beekeepers from removing bees and swarms.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Texan?s beware
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 11:20:10 am »
"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you..."
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 02:06:05 pm »
Crazy stuff Jim. 2 things always come to mind when I see stuff like this:

1 - who elects these people???
&
2 - did this politicians parents have any children that lived?

The comment section was good reading.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 02:15:48 pm »
A Democrat in the Texas legislature has about as much credibility and power as a janitor.  Don?t look for this bill to make it out of committee.

An example of how much importance the legislature and state department of agriculture give beekeeping, there is one chief bee inspector for the state, who has two assistants (sometimes one when one leaves or is on vacation.  They are all highly qualified and try to do a good job, but three people for this entire state?  Disgusting!  And now this lady wants to burden the department of agriculture with the task of training people to catch swarms?  Give me a break!
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline texanbelchers

• House Bee
    • Mark Belcher
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 02:37:47 pm »
I've "heard" this is dead in the water, but anything is possible.  It has been referred to Agriculture & Livestock Committee and they already have quite a list of things to handle.  There are a couple of other changes introduced that are backed by the Texas Beekeepers Association, too.

The current laws have been in the books without change for a long time, but most people can't agree on the best direction.  After reading a lot of the comments people are making about this, they don't even understand what is currently written.

Offline Live Oak

• House Bee
    • Tractor Farm and Family
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 02:52:23 pm »
Yet another example of communist (aka Democrat) over reach intended to take control and power of ALL things they can. 

Sadly, Texas which was up until recent times SOLID Red is now a tipping "Purple" state.  With the continuing "immigration" (read conservative American citizen disenfranchisement campaign), Texas will in short order become a Blue state. 

Perhaps Texans may want to read up on the theory and principles of nullification. 

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 05:44:20 pm »
I read in comments to the proposed legislation that the self-styled ?bee czar? of Texas is or may be behind this proposal.  What could he have to gain other than a monopoly on collecting swarms, doing cutouts, etc.  Surely he doesn?t think he can ?rescue? every misplaced colony in the state.  As Txanbelcher wrote above, there are some needed revisions to the current law, but this is not one of them, I think.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 11:54:16 pm »
I read in comments to the proposed legislation that the self-styled ?bee czar? of Texas is or may be behind this proposal.  What could he have to gain other than a monopoly on collecting swarms, doing cutouts, etc.  Surely he doesn?t think he can ?rescue? every misplaced colony in the state.  As Txanbelcher wrote above, there are some needed revisions to the current law, but this is not one of them, I think.

What was the use of tar and feathers?
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline texanbelchers

• House Bee
    • Mark Belcher
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 01:10:27 am »
That would be politically incorrect these days.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 01:12:57 am »

Yes perhaps you are right and perhaps the incorrectness of political correctness needs to be corrected?
Phillip
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 08:11:34 am »

Yes perhaps you are right and perhaps the incorrectness of political correctness needs to be corrected?
Phillip
I?ll  second that. 👍
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 08:48:11 am »
third!!!
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline texanbelchers

• House Bee
    • Mark Belcher
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 09:12:50 am »
No argument here.   Many are double standards.

Offline FloridaGardener

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2019, 03:00:13 am »
Literal tar and feathers was cruel.  Someone I know from my Grandpa's day was horribly burned by that, in a rural town.  But poetic justice may run its course...in her picture, she's wearing red and black.  And that's a message to any bees, alright.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 11:24:11 am »
Literal tar and feathers was cruel.  Someone I know from my Grandpa's day was horribly burned by that, in a rural town.  But poetic justice may run its course...in her picture, she's wearing red and black.  And that's a message to any bees, alright.

Tar and feathers was used in the old days and times as a means of public humility. This was the means in by which the public could show its utter denouncement and utter disgust of a politicians dishonorable service and his dishonoring public trust while in office. This type of public display was to humiliate the recipient to the point the recipient, knew beyond any doubt that his actions and abuse of public trust would not be accepted or tolerated further. The fellow citizens who had elected said recipient, made sure that any honor which had been placed or bestowed to said politician, had been lost by his peers. Pine tar was the type tar used. You did not say what your acquaintance did to deserve this type of public disgust and humiliation? Pine tar is thought to exert its effect by reducing DNA synthesis and mitotic activity, which promotes a return to normal keratinisation. In addition, pine tar has been shown to be antipruritic, anti- inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal. These properties make pine tar suitable for the topical treatment of eczema, psoriasis, seborrhoeic dermatitis and other dry, itchy, flaky or inflamed skin conditions. Now I said the pine tar statement as a joke. But, back in the day, when an elected Official, duly elected by his peers, knew if he was caught cheating the public or taking actions which were clearly wrong, while in office, could possibly receive such public humiliation. Not only that but the crook would sometimes be toted to the edge of town on a rail. As in O Brother where Art Thou.....  Remember (Homer Stokes)? 😁😁😁
Ben Framed
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 12:52:16 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2019, 01:02:25 pm »

Good points Dallas, follow the money. We know the actions of the disgusting politician, for curiosity, do you know the name of the alleged Bee Czar there in Texas who may be behind this? IF the bee czar can be found and proven, find the tar and feathers !!! Make it a two railed trip to the state border.  :shocked:
PS make it the border to the south, we certainly don't want the czar or the politician on this side of the border!   :wink:

anything