Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: womens murder club  (Read 4835 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
womens murder club
« on: December 18, 2007, 03:45:08 pm »
anyone watch it this year?  i have read some of the books and was pleased to see that they did an excellent job with the casting and story lines. 

and no, it's not a "chick" show  :-)  .
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Re: womens murder club
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 06:56:46 pm »
What network? I never heard of it.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 07:07:17 pm »

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 10:48:35 am »
Haven't heard of or watched the show.  But the title sounds like it might have been one that I might have loved to have joined, so many, many years ago,  :evil: :roll: :-X ;) :)  Have a wonderful, beautiful day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 12:14:56 pm »
OH! It comes on at the same time the vampire show is on.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 12:46:32 pm »
jerrymac, DVR!!!!

i am usually in bed by 9.  anything that comes on after that gets recorded for later watching :-)

cindi,
i am a Patterson fan anyway.  i was concerned that they would do to this series what they did to Bones.  not that it's not a good show.  they just strayed far from the books.  in the case of WMC, they not only kept the story line, but did a great job with the casting.  it's not often you can leave a book to watch a show, and not feel the loss.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 09:57:56 am »
Kathy, ha, you must get up even more early than I do.  I am just getting ready for bed about 9:00, I love to go to bed early and get up early. Nothing holds any interest for me in the late evenings, I would rather get up really early and start my fun day.  Wonderful and greatest of days.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 11:10:24 am »
Must be nice.
I go to bed around...... 12:00... or 1:00... or 2:00
Then I most likely will awaken around..... 3:30.... 4:00..... 5:00
Be back in bed around..... 5:00.... 6:00
Might get another hour or two of sleep before the grandkids and/or dogs decide to start making noise.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 11:12:50 am »
Jerry, what in the blazes are you doing over there?  Sounds like you don't even have a chance to sleep, you might get some kind of sleep deprivation syndrome type thingy (or are you already there?) ;) :)  Beautiful day, Cindi

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 11:55:36 am »
Remember the discussion about the over active brain? Any little "wrong" and it has to replay the whole scene over and over again seeking the answer to what should have been done instead of what was done. Or... it comes up with an idea and wants to pursue that idea in the middle of the night when there is no way to do the pursuing. Or.... It just keeps yapping on and on about any and everything.

Here is an unusual tidbit. I was in the hospital once and they hooked my head up to a bunch of wires to gauge my brain activity. I was to lay quietly for 15 minutes with my eyes closed. The guy doing the test said I went to sleep many times during that time based on the alpha waves. I do not believe  I ever went to sleep as I was aware of everything going on the whole time. I think the alpha waves also kicked in while I was resting quietly with my eyes open.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.   

anything