Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Northern British Columbia CANADA  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Nicolequiltcrazy

• Brood
Hello from Northern British Columbia CANADA
« on: June 16, 2021, 03:55:37 pm »
I am getting back into bees after 15 years and now that I am a lot older (60 - shudder), I have researched different styles of hives and decided since I live in a Northern Cold Country part of the year to go with the ease of use of an insulated Top Bar hive. My husband and I built a Layens Hive following Dr. Leo's directions (very precise) and even insulated it with wool. I am loving the setup and my girls are doing great. I have very quiet Carnolians that have been raised close to where I live for the past 50 years or more. The family brought them from Germany when they moved and have gone thru 3 generations without buying bees. Unfortunately, they were never able to keep the Varroa Mite out of their hives through no fault of their own, so I will need to monitor for them myself.
I am inviting any Layen Hive users to send me messages. This is a new hive for me and I wish to learn all I can.
I wish everyone a honey-ful year!

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Hello from Northern British Columbia CANADA
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 05:48:46 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 06:49:45 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster!  We have several other members who are in very cold climates and several members with long hives.  We'll be happy to help you learn all you can!  :happy:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 10:21:12 pm »
welcome  :happy:

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 10:48:46 pm »
Greetings. Glad to have you on board.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 11:01:00 pm »
Welcome Nicole, I suppose being from Northern cold country, Quilt crazy is a good idea! Glad to see a fellow beekeeper back at it!
 :grin:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.