Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New beek in GA  (Read 1671 times)

Offline So-apiary

• New Bee
New beek in GA
« on: August 21, 2020, 06:30:54 pm »
Hi all.  I'm hoping to start my first colony next Spring and have been learning all I can in the meantime.  I've been lurking on here a while now.  It's good to see other beekeepers in my neck of the woods and find out how they handle their hives in our climate.  I just hope I can remember what I've read by the time I actually get some bees!

I see there's an awful lot of help available on here, so thanks in advance... I'm sure I'll have no end of questions!

PieBorg (aka So-apiary)

Offline cao

• Super Bee
Re: New beek in GA
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 07:40:24 pm »
Welcome  :happy:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 07:41:45 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Bee sure to keep an eye out for BeeFest 2021 information. If we can have it, and you come, you can learn a lot about beekeeping during the 3 day event, including hands on bee splits, inspections and queen grafting.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 07:44:48 am »
Glad you are on board. Welcome.

Offline So-apiary

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 08:52:54 pm »
Let's hope travel is actually a thing by the time BeeFest rolls around!  If so, I would definitely be interested.  Meanwhile, the local club is offering some classes in a couple of months.  I'm gonna sign up for that tomorrow so I can reserve a place.  The class is going to be very small, only seven people.