Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Interstellar  (Read 2967 times)

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Interstellar
« on: March 21, 2015, 11:20:25 pm »
I have to admit I was expecting a lot lighter watching. IMHO very involved, busy and a movie you have to follow close even if all you see or think you know collapses later. Maybe just me? My wife as I have said often don't hang in there often but for some reason she became interested in this one and stayed with all 2hrs and 49 mins of it (not counting my pause and rewind time). She even commented today on how interesting she thought it was??? I was surprised.

It is one I will reserve putting a rating on before I watch it again closer and try  to focus and forget the black holes in it  :smile: Need some folks to watch it and help me out.....worth a watch but remember 2hr 49min long..... geeze.
John 3:16

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Interstellar
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 11:29:10 pm »
Is it on Netflix?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 12:08:12 am »
Netflix release date March 31

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 12:55:44 am »
I honestly think this is one for John to analyze. He will have days of fun with it  :cool: I have cheated and read some critics reviews and I am just as unsure as I was  :smile: I think the critics are as unsure also....

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 02:24:23 am »
I'll watch it when I can get it, but my wife doesn't like sci-fe.  But she did like Gravity, so.........
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 11:38:35 am »
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 11:50:55 pm »
Better than Gravity IMHO. I thought Gravity STANK or kinda stank. Watched it to see Sandra  :happy:.... But Interstellar is about GRAVITY pun intended. Not a Sci-fi action, alien thing at all. More on the Gravity line.

Yea Kathy I needed that and then some. I actually got way bogged down in the E=MC2 jargon or should I say theory of relativity, or Newton or whoever.... heck maybe none of the above I have no idea   :embarassed: