Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Netflix new series  (Read 468 times)

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Netflix new series
« on: January 07, 2023, 12:42:04 pm »
They have put short Nike workout videos on Netflix.  I did two of the 10 min yoga videos this AM and I already feel it. 

True confessions:  I have been skipping the gym.  I get bored with the workouts and hate sitting on a bike or walking on a treadmill.  Summers are easy because there are tons of trails around here, but in winter I get lazy  :grin:

Anyway, they did not pop up for me and I would not have known about them if I had not read about them somewhere.  No equipment needed, but a yoga mat is helpful. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Netflix new series
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 03:17:31 pm »
I love yoga; it's simple, low-impact, and great for mental health too.  I've been doing it for several years now with a course book from the American Yoga Association.  I recently started alternating with pilates, so I get a better mix of flexibility and core/strength training.  My New Year's resolution this year is to get up early enough every weekday so I can work out before breakfast, because if I don't do it first thing in the day, it just doesn't get done.
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 04:11:16 pm »
I am the same way.  If I don't get it in first thing, I don't do it.

I am kind of glad I started this at home rather than with a class.  Pretty sure it wasn't pretty.  The dog seemed kind of concerned  :grin:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 06:23:51 pm »
I am the same way.  If I don't get it in first thing, I don't do it.

I am kind of glad I started this at home rather than with a class.  Pretty sure it wasn't pretty.  The dog seemed kind of concerned  :grin:
:cheesy:  Hey, I'm no yoga model either!  :wink:  We have a cat who LOVES when I do yoga for some reason.  She'll come and roll around on the floor with me and play with my hair and stuff.  She's a nutcase.  :grin:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 08:45:17 am »
I like yoga.  It is the best exercise for old people.  We have prime video so I use them.  It is hard to get on a schedule when I get called away on projects.  Warm down here so I do it in the buff.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 01:19:14 pm »
I like yoga.  It is the best exercise for old people. 
It's true, in ancient India it was commonly practiced by older people who were in retirement to keep their bodies and minds sharp and prepare for the next life.

Warm down here so I do it in the buff.
I had a friend who would do that.  We were practicing together one time, and he was like, "So I usually practice in the nude. . .", and I was like, "I don't care what you do, but if you want me to practice with you, you will need to stay behind that desk".  He elected to keep his underwear on.  :cheesy: 

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 07:49:25 am »
Yoga is also for the mind.  Stay focused on what you are doing not what someone else is doing and you wouldn't notice.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 12:07:57 pm »
Yoga is also for the mind.  Stay focused on what you are doing not what someone else is doing and you wouldn't notice.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone in the room being naked is an unfair level of distraction.  :cheesy: 

I do love the mental health aspects of yoga though.  I discovered through yoga that I really like meditating, and now I do several forms of meditation regularly. 

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2023, 08:17:09 am »
Its all because Eve ate the apple. :smile:
Brian Cardinal
Just do it