BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > CRAFTING CORNER

Birthday Candles

(1/4) > >>

The15thMember:
I got a birthday candle mold for Christmas, and I finally made some birthday candles for the first time today.  The mold makes 10 candles at a time.  I had one candle have a problem with the wick, and another one that has a seam because I ran out of wax in the middle of pouring it, but other than that they turned out great!  I'm curious to test out how they burn.

Ben Framed:
Nice!!!

The15thMember:
The burn test went great!  I tested one on a muffin at breakfast this morning.  It burned nice and clean, with no dripping or smoking.  I can't wait to make more for my sister's birthday in April!  :happy:

Ben Framed:
Good Reagan. (Yankee Candle yes) True beeswax candles, no.
I have never experienced the smell of a pure beeswax candle burning. What was your familys impression of the aroma?

Phillip

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on March 27, 2022, 09:54:34 pm ---Good Reagan. (Yankee Candle yes) True beeswax candles, no.
I have never experienced the smell of a pure beeswax candle burning. What was your familys impression of the aroma?

Phillip

--- End quote ---
What!  You've never had a beeswax candle?!  :shocked:  What are you waiting for?!  They are the best candles ever!  :grin:  They smell wonderful, like the warm sweet smell of an open hive.  If properly made they burn without dripping or smoking, and they actually purify the air.  With very few exceptions they are the highest quality candles available and have been for centuries.  I now have 4 silicone molds: a spiral taper, a Christmas pillar, a gnome-shaped mold, and the birthday candles, and I'm planning on purchasing more.  I love making and using beewax candles, they are one of my favorite by-products of the hive.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version