Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Stand at Paxton County  (Read 42 times)

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
The Stand at Paxton County
« on: April 27, 2024, 07:35:22 pm »
This is the last weekend to watch The Stand at Paxton County on Netflix, and I don't know where, if anywhere, it will be available once it's gone, so if you want to see it, you'd better do it fast!  I watched it last night and was very impressed, not only by the cinematic quality from such a small production, but also by the fact that this was inspired by a true story, and even though it was kind of "action-ified" and streamlined and all the names were changed, a shocking amount of what happened in this movie really happened.  The whole project was very anti-Hollywood, and I was disconcerted by the fact that I had never heard of this movie or the true story behind it before.  My sister and I gave it an 8/10.  If you have the chance, don't pass it up.  You can read the true story here, but fair word of warning, it's very long. 
https://protecttheharvest.com/news/north-dakota-rancher-fighting-for-his-ranch-and-your-rights
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

anything