Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: State is coming  (Read 3554 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: State is coming
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2021, 09:14:34 pm »
Jim I have a lot of confidence in Mr. AR. As I recall, in my three years posting here, he has never told me wrong. I also have great respect for Mr Bush as I do you.  I don't think Mr AR meant any conflict with anyone. He is a man of few words and when he does speak, he has full confidence in what he says and I listen...  😊 I really don't want to see these two on opposite sides of an equation because they may have different conclusions.  Just my two cents. lol. Even the greatest minds of any subject can find different conclusions from time to time. 😊

« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 11:26:33 pm by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline AR Beekeeper

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2021, 09:17:36 pm »
Sawdust maker; 
I spoke with Mr. Bush in 2005 and he sold me a bill of goods on small cell.  I changed 20 colonies to 4.9 mm small cell and kept them pared with 20 colonies on standard foundation 5.2 mm for a total of 3 years.  At the end of the 3 years the colony losses were the same and and when treatment was used on all colonies the mite fall on sticky boards was very close, with the small cell colonies a little higher.  The colony condition had become what I compared with being a bunch of "bag ladies."

Nothing he told me about how the small cell was going to prevent varroa worked in my colonies,  I gained nothing except the experience that proved to me that small cell is nothing but wishful thinking, that and a hefty bill for the 4.9 foundation I bought.  I have made use of the foundation though.  I melt it and use it to coat plastic foundations to aid in acceptance.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2021, 11:08:47 pm »
That is a big difference of drawn out results on conclusion. Time for me to button my lip. 🙂
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:37:31 am by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.