Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
OUCH
DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING / Re: How insects move - not just bees
« Last post by Michael Bush on Today at 11:28:43 am »
I'm sure some cold intolerant insects have to migrate to end up in Nebraska.  Though I've often found catatonic flies under shingles that warm up in the sun and start flying, I'm sure some of them can't find anywhere to survive the -20 F nights and must migrate to get here.
DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING / Re: How insects move - not just bees
« Last post by BeeMaster2 on Today at 11:26:15 am »
Thanks Max. I wasn?t aware that that many insects migrate. I also thought that only Monarch butterflies did it.
Jim Altmiller
Oh what a shame!  Hopefully everything will be salvageable.   
That hurts to see, hoping for the best for you.
That sucks.  I hope you will be surprised to find that most are salvageable.  They are tough little things.
RAPID BEEYARD GROWTH / Re: I Have Too Many Bees
« Last post by Ben Framed on Today at 10:41:12 am »
One of the reasons I like top entrances is because moist air rises.  You need to let the moisture out.  Also why I don't like too much ventilation.  Because the bees can't control the environment if there is too much ventilation.

All good points Mr Bush. I agree that too much ventilation can also be a problem for the reason you stated. The important balance is the key..

Phillip
« Last post by Michael Bush on Today at 10:36:43 am »
One of the reasons I like top entrances is because moist air rises.  You need to let the moisture out.  Also why I don't like too much ventilation.  Because the bees can't control the environment if there is too much ventilation.
« Last post by Ben Framed on Today at 10:18:51 am »
 :grin: :wink:
« Last post by Bill Murray on Today at 10:12:58 am »

poor bees working, fanning doing their best to dry the nectar

I had to chuckle at this, because it was exactly what I was thinking when tapping that last post out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10