Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Back pain? My public service announcement:  (Read 1745 times)

Offline 2Sox

• House Bee
Back pain? My public service announcement:
« on: May 15, 2019, 05:40:19 pm »
Getting up in years, many of us get arthritis.  I've heard of beekeepers who had to give up the job because they were just in too much pain to bend over anymore.  That has been my fear increasingly as years have passed. I did not know how long I'd be able to do beekeeping. It was even difficult for me to walk distances of any length. No more.

I just discovered a procedure that has literally, turned things around for me.  I'm attaching a very short video here because it can tell you what it's about better than I can in words.  I had this procedure done last week and I'm absolutely amazed at how well it worked and how good I feel.  The affects lasts for about a year to a year and one half and you can then repeat it as many times as necessary.  If you are on Medicare, it doesn't cost a dime.

https://www.spine-health.com/video/lumbar-radiofrequency-neurotomy-video

By the way, the procedure takes about 20 minutes and you can get in your vehicle and drive home right after.
"Good will is the desire to have something else stronger and more beautiful for this desire makes oneself stronger and more beautiful." - Eli Siegel, American educator, poet, founder of Aesthetic Realism

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Re: Back pain? My public service announcement:
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 06:43:45 pm »
Thank you Sox.  I am in the same boat as you are/were.  I can?t lift hive body?s full of honey or risk paralysis of leg. But I am not giving up, no way.  So I lift a frame at a time, one by one and eventually all ten frames are moved and I can still negotiate the day.

The procedure in the video is incredible: ablation (destruction) of a specific nerve,,,, like targeting a single piece of straw in a hay bale.  Much better, an understatement, compared to steel bars and screws placed in vertebrae to separate the back bones as the cushion, the disc wear out.

When the cushion between the bones wear out and one occurs bone to bone grinding the subsequent pain is disabling wether in the hands or much worse the neck or back.

So comfort can be experienced by viewing your posted video, educating folks as to the latest technologies.

Glad you received comfort.  I hope you keep us posted with future post as I trust folks such as yourself for honest unbiased review.  Yep, yes Sir, the weight of hive bodies can the last straw for beekeeping, forcing one to give up the bees.  Again, encouraging video.
All Good Things.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 07:21:15 pm by van from Arkansas »
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline 2Sox

• House Bee
Re: Back pain? My public service announcement:
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 12:48:07 am »
Thank you Sox.  I am in the same boat as you are/were.  I can?t lift hive body?s full of honey or risk paralysis of leg.  But I am not giving up, no way.  So I lift a frame at a time, one by one and eventually all ten frames are moved and I can still negotiate the day.

The procedure in the video is incredible: ablation (destruction) of a specific nerve,,,, like targeting a single piece of straw in a hay bale.  Much better, an understatement, compared to steel bars and screws placed in vertebrae to separate the back bones as the cushion, the disc wear out.

When the cushion between the bones wear out and one occurs bone to bone grinding the subsequent pain is disabling wether in the hands or much worse the neck or back.

So comfort can be experienced by viewing your posted video, educating folks as to the latest technologies.

Glad you received comfort.  I hope you keep us posted with future post as I trust folks such as yourself for honest unbiased review.  Yep, yes Sir, the weight of hive bodies can the last straw for beekeeping, forcing one to give up the bees.  Again, encouraging video.
All Good Things.

I'm very happy it was useful to you.  I hope it will be to others also.
"Good will is the desire to have something else stronger and more beautiful for this desire makes oneself stronger and more beautiful." - Eli Siegel, American educator, poet, founder of Aesthetic Realism