Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Winter chat time coming  (Read 5635 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Winter chat time coming
« on: October 30, 2011, 09:34:08 am »
With the days getting shorter and colder it might be a nice time to check out the ventrilo chat feature of the forum. I've been in and out some,but am hoping to spend a little more time now that night will be here about the time I get home from work.
I am having a chat with Bud1 as I type this .It's always nice to chat with Bud on the weekend mornings as well as Jim and a few others as they stop in.
It's a fairly easy program to install and set up. If any one wants to try it, go to :
www.ventrilo.com
and download the "client" program appropriate for your particular operating system . Then all you need is any inexpensive mic if you wish to do voice chat,and a set of speakers. there is the text chat option that opens up to the chat users so they can read your text and answer via text or voice.
As far as setup, put your username for the forum in the username section.
For the servername insert whatever you want to call it. I use Beemaster
For hostname/ip use: beemaster.instantvent.net
For the port number put: 8896

If you try it and have a connection problem,PM me and I will try to help you. Usually it's a simple oversight. If I don't reply right away,don't think I forgot you,we all do this in our spare time.                                            Thanks,Buzzbee

http://youtu.be/jdt-XA1S06k
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 01:40:59 pm by buzzbee »

Offline mickle_john

• New Bee
Re: Winter chat time coming
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 05:29:37 am »
With the days getting shorter and colder it might be a nice time to check out the ventrilo chat feature of the forum. I've been in and out some,but am hoping to spend a little more time now that night will be here about the time I get home from work.
I am having a chat with Bud1 as I type this .It's always nice to chat with Bud on the weekend mornings as well as Jim and a few others as they stop in.
It's a fairly easy program to install and set up. If any one wants to try it, go to :

and download the "client" program appropriate for your particular operating system . Then all you need is any inexpensive mic if you wish to do voice chat,and a set of speakers. there is the text chat option that opens up to the chat users so they can read your text and answer via text or voice.
As far as setup, put your username for the forum in the username section.
For the servername insert whatever you want to call it. I use Beemaster
For hostname/ip use: beemaster.instantvent.net
For the port number put: 8896

If you try it and have a connection problem,PM me and I will try to help you. Usually it's a simple oversight. If I don't reply right away,don't think I forgot you,we all do this in our spare time.                                            Thanks,Buzzbee

Well it s nice..
Chatting plan is changing with the passage of time..
So good post by you..

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 08:15:03 am »
be sure and start yo coffee pot early so you wont doze of so quick next time ken.
we talk and kid about every thing not just bees so pop on and give us a holler
to bee or not to bee

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 07:22:02 pm »
If I don't reply right away,don't think I forgot you,we all do this in our spare time.                                            Thanks,Buzzbee

http://youtu.be/jdt-XA1S06k

Ken spare time what is that ???

:lau: :lau: :lau: :lau:

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 06:59:18 am »
Jim
It's the time we spend chatting with friends we have come to know when we should be doing something else. I'm hoping to make some extra spare time over this weekend! :)