Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beesting reactions  (Read 2788 times)

Offline guitarstitch

• House Bee
Re: Beesting reactions
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2020, 09:27:23 pm »
The fact is bees have stingers and sting. You're going to get stung. You will get stung. Grit your teeth , stand your ground, and take it. Suit up if you will, sometimes you WILL need to wear a vented jacket. This time of year a veil is all you need but not necessary. Most of the time, I use one for eye protection. In places where Africanized bees are located you may need a complete vented suit. You ARE going to get stung. If you can not take it you may need to find another hobby. I hope you hang in there. Putting it bluntly, no offence intended. Wishing you the very best.

Phillip Hall

Hey Philip,

No offense taken, and I appreciate your comment.  I also completely understand that bees sting and to keep bees to to accept stings.  I'm ok with that, and most of the time can understand WHY stings happen.  Like I said, I'm not trying to look for a completely stingless operation, nor do I have any desire to get out of beekeeping.  This is my third year and I find great enjoyment running my honey harem.

I was looking more for advice on the mental preparation for handling the 'in the moment' reaction.  As it has been noted, the flight reaction is normal but I know that we can mentally work against our instinctive nature to our benefit.  Military folk could chime in on that, I'm sure.

Cheers!
-Matthew Pence/Stitch

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Beesting reactions
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2020, 09:45:53 pm »
>.This is my third year and I find great enjoyment running my honey harem.

In that case you will be fine. Think of all of the good honey coming your way. lol
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything