Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: bee stings and arthritis  (Read 3483 times)

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
bee stings and arthritis
« on: May 27, 2006, 06:57:39 pm »
so i've heard that bee stings relieve arthritic pain. does the sting have to be in the area of the pain?

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
bee stings and arthritis
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 11:11:21 pm »
It seems to help more if it is in the area of the problem.  But it seems to help some even if it's not.  I get a knot in my left shoulder blade a lot.  If I get a sting there it helps a lot for a few weeks.  If I get a sting somwhere else it doesn't make any difference.  My knees joints have problems.  A sting anywhere seems to make a difference with them.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
bee stings and arthritis
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 12:28:08 am »
A man, using crutches to walk and with knarled hands went to a beekeeper and asked if it was true if bee stings could prevent or cure arthritis.  The beekeeper assured him it was true.  The man said I'd like to try it.  The beekeeper took the man out to his bee hives and opened one up.  Withdrawing a frame he told the man to drop his pants whereupon he shook all the bees from the frame into the mans pants and said "Pull 'em up."
The man dropped his crutches and ran from the apiary holding his pants at the waist.

Me, I have arthritis in most joints and am having replacement knee surgery done next year and may need the same in both hips and right ankle.  The right knee looks like it can last a little longer.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Doorman

• House Bee
bee stings and arthritis
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 01:17:45 am »
Most of my stings are on my hands which coincidentally are what hurts, but it helps me and last a long time. I don't know if it works as well on rheumatoid arthritis or not. by the way I haven't had any carpal tunnel pain or bursitis pain either.  give it a try. I assume your a beekeeper and not allergic to bee venom.
Some call me a bee farmer, I prefer rancher. What
with millions of tiny livestock foraging the open range, spring and fall round ups. Boy howdy branding their little butts sure is tedious.

Offline vabeeguy

• New Bee
bee stings and arthritis
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 04:23:10 pm »
I too have some pain in my hands from time to time and have noticed that if I happen to get stung on one of my hands that hand feels really good for about a week and a half. But, the other day one of the little arthritus helpers found it's way into my shirt....needless to say the place I got stung didn't make anything feel good.

Offline rsilver000

• House Bee
bee stings and arthritis
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 05:58:26 pm »
Bee stings on the affected areas seem to work the best. The sting releases vasoactive amines and causes mast cells in the area to release many substances, the end result of which is increased blood flow and steroid release.  Both of which decrease the pain related to arthritis.  Probably will not work as well on rheumatoid arthritis since that has its basis as an autoimmune disorder not just "wear and tear"
Rob
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere.

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
bee stings and arthritis
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 06:53:10 pm »
my worse pain is in my toes. i need to check this out.