Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Planted Clover in the Bee Yard, deer, Ehrlichiosis, tick fever resulted.  (Read 4438 times)

Offline MikeCinWV

• New Bee
"If you get them out in less than 24 hours you usually do not get sick, per my doctor. "

The latest research says this is not true.  Certainly getting them out asap is best but be mindful that still may not be enough to prevent an infection.  Actually there is good evidence that fleas, biting flies and mosquitoes can transmit many of the diseases previously thought to only be carried by ticks.

Unfortunately I I have become pretty well versed in tick borne illness.  I have been fighting Lyme and Carrion's disease for almost two years now.  29 days in the hospital after finally receiving a proper diagnosis.  9 days in intensive care, almost died.  10 months of IV antibiotics and still taking multiple oral antibiotics.  Bee venom therapy, 10 to 15 stings every other day plus herbals.   Lyme and Carrion's ruined my health and life.  I went from very active and healthy 45 year old to crippled old man in a matter of months.  Messed up my heart, liver, thyroid, hearing and crippled my joints.   The Lyme is controlled now (latest PCR test shows no Lyme) but the Carrion's is still getting the best of me. 

It's scary how little most docs know about tick diseases. When I first became infected I told the doc I thought it was Lyme because I had the bullseye rash but he laughed and said there wasn't any Lyme in WV, obviously not true but I trusted him.  Went untreated for a year and by then it had got into my brain.  Couldn't talk, passing out all of the time, soaking night sweats, extreme difficulty walking, and some really scary heart issues(messes with the electrical system of your heart).   If treated early it almost always results in a positive outcome but if left untreated it can turn into a lifelong nightmare.

Be careful and take tick bites seriously.  If something your doc says doesn't sound or seem right to you then question it.  Get a second opinion.  Don't blindly accept what he or she says as fact.  They make mistakes too and when they do the mistakes can have life changing consequences.  I never did and now I'm regretting it. 

Stay safe and use your tick spray.  Hope everyone's bees are doing well.  Didn't mean to turn the tone of this thread just don't want anyone else to go through this.  Glad you had a full recovery Van.

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Mr. Mike, I researched Lyme disease, Borrellia burgdorferi for over a decade, ROCKY mtn Labs NIH/NIAID Lyme is a super organism that can evade the host immune system by living in the cytoplasm of B cells.  We did not know this until about 2005.  We knew 1:100 patients develope chronic Lyme, basically as you described, living Hell, but did not have answers.

I personally paid the price with disabilities to this day from the radio isotopes used to sequence the DNA of Borellia: P32 for DNA and I135 for siderophores.  The I 135 is insane energy, passes through BOTH lead and lucite shields.  No complaints on my end, I knew very well the dangers of radiation, but I also knew chronic suffering needed answers.  So I gladly accepted the chalange and sequenced, look for siderphores, and ospA vaccines which we determine was a poor vaccine candidate.  U of Texas proceeded with producing osp A vaccine despite out warning.  The vaccine outcome was a nightmare.

Just want you to know there are folks that take your suffering very seriously, you are viewing the text of one.  For over a decade I researched just Lyme Disease, then on to genomic analysis of Strep, Staph etc. for another decade.
Blessings to you Mr. Mike.

What are the chances of a chronic Lyme suffer and a Lyme Researcher with published papers meeting on a honey bee message board.  It?s a small world.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 04:33:33 pm by van from Arkansas »
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
More detail than I usually texted, but relative to deer in the apiary, which is problematic here in Arkansas.  Where there are bees, there are deer and ticks in Ar.  Every week, I get bit by at least one tick.

Just a note, The Rocky Mountain Laboratory is the premiere tick research laboratory in the entire world.

Definition SIDEROPHORE: a molecule produced by bacteria that acquired iron for the host.  When people are attacked by bacteria the first line of defense is for the human body to lock up all available iron.  Bacteria produce siderophores to steal this iron from the human body.  The siderophores possess inconceivable transformation numbers that contain 48-99 zeros after the number.  That is a number 1 with at least 48 zeros after it.  These are extremely powerful molecules that rob/steal iron for mammals. 

Transformation number is the number of substrate molecules transformed per minute by a single enzyme at 25C with optimal conditions.

So my point is, The causative agent of Lyme has evolved ways to steal iron from the body.  Most disease causing Bacteria must have iron to grow.  I just hate ticks, they may transmit disease.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline drobbins

• House Bee
    • bee pictures
A buddy of mine developed an allergy to eating the meat of mammals in his mid 50's
A hamburger results in anaphylaxis and a trip to the ER
It's tick born, bad stuff, called alpha-gal syndrome
I gotta get some more chickens :wink:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alpha-gal-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20428608

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Good post DRobbins!!  I have heard of that, very real.  Ticks that pass on an allergy to meat: beef pork.  I realize it is kind of weird but when a person is bitten by said tick, an allergy to meat occurs, a deadly allergy that last the life of the victims.

Offline drobbins

• House Bee
    • bee pictures
Van,

Yea, it's really bad, he basically can't eat in a restaurant or packaged food because you don't really know what's in it.
I guess its good for you not to eat either of those but it's darn inconvenient

Dave

Offline MikeCinWV

• New Bee
Wow Van, that is crazy to meet up like this, thank you for your contributions and sacrifices.   You're work benefits many who are suffering terribly.   

Are you aware of any progress or new ways treat cases like mine?   When originally tested I was positive for all 13 lyme titers plus bartonella bacilliformis.  I'd love any advice from an insider on the front lines. I try to read papers and research as it comes out but it can be overwhelming.  My mind and memory in particular have been affected. I really expected to be well by now. 

What in your opinion is the reason the CDC and medical community at large has seemingly turned it's back on those of us who are chronically Ill?   I've heard all sorts of theories, Plum island link, part two of the Tuskegee experiment etc but I have a hard time believing any of them.  I would love to know what you think.  There are so many people suffering from chronic lyme that can't find or get help.  The doctors who do treat them have 6+ month waits and cost thousands of dollars.  I talk to others on the net who are way worse than I am so I try not complain because I know it could have been much worse.  Some have been sick for 20+ years.  Some lost their spouses, jobs, homes,  mobility, control of bodily function, sanity, everything.  I have been very fortunate, my wife has been amazing through all of this.  My finances took a major hit but i still have what's important and I have more days on my feet than I did this time last year so that's progress I guess.  Spent the first 6 weeks of this year in bed looking at the ceiling but bouncing back somewhat now.  The insane joint pain is the worst for me and sometimes the uncontrollable jerking and twitching can keep me awake for days.  I've been throwing everything at it that I can, bee venom, antibiotics,  herbals, and supplements.  I'm so desperate I would try just about anything.

Again Van I mean it, thank you for both your contributions and sacrifices.

anything